Thread: Contact Card

Contact Card

Hi folks,

nice to have TalkShow now and nearly everything seems to work as it is supposed to.

One little thing: how do I get the little grey stripe on the left of a contact card working? It is always grey, never seen it in another color.

Probably it is somehow connected to the fact that I am unable to add our TalkShow-Skype-account as a contact to a "normal" Skype-Account. When I send the invitation to TalkShow, I do not get a message about that, so I'm not able to confirm the contact.
    And probably that it somehow connected to the fact that I don't get incoming calls from contacts in my list as long as I don't tick "accept all incoming calls" because I can't manage to confirm my contacts (means: seeing their availability in the stripe).

Does anybody have a little help for me?

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
    One little thing: how do I get the little grey stripe on the left of a contact card working? It is always grey, never seen it in another color.
    The color of that bar is determined by the state of the contact - online, offline, etc. Assuming you have manually configured some valid contacts, they should just work.

When I send the invitation to TalkShow, I do not get a message about that, so I'm not able to confirm the contact.
    If you create the contact on the TalkShow unit, I think you can skip the usual contact request step. Works here, at least ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I just had this issue myself. I found out what you need to do. To get the color bars to work in Skype TX contact cards you need to open the Skype account you are using on TalkShow from the desktop version of Skype and accept the contact requests from those users. Once you do that, those contacts are connected to this account and you can get the status from them.
    Last edited by kanep; 02-17-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

The accounts on the system on my desk were added directly in the TalkShow ui without any extra steps, and were not previously contacts for the account I log in toTalkShow with.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm not sure, might have to look into this more, but the above fixed it for the contact cards on my system.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane, it is exactly the same here. When I accept the new contact in the Desktop-Version of Skype, it's availability is shown in SkypeTX, and also the call functionality works fine.

Perhaps that's something for the next software release? To be able to accept contacts in SkypeTX, so that you don't need to handle two different clients?

Thanks for your help,
    best regards,
    Chris

All I can say is, I created a contact card in TalkShow directly, called the contact (previously not listed as a contact for that Skype account) from the TalkShow, and it worked just fine - no 'acceptance[ necessary, and the little 'lights' on the contact cards work as expected. It is my feeling, subject to correction, that acceptance of the incoming Skype call by the remote client served as validation of the contact.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

A little further on this - Kane and I looked at it together this week, and concluded that the 'lights' only work if there is a corresponding 'accepted contact' relationship. That is, if the contacts also exist in the user account outside of Skype TX and have been 'accepted', the lights work. I've amended the docs to reflect this. We're looking into the rationale, which is imposed by Skype TX.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator