So many don't know that modeler has a new tool since 11.5 called Transform. It is the Move, Rotate, Scale, Scale Axis wrapped all into one viewport gizmo handle. Allowing you to define any point, polygon, edge or center as a defined plane for it's functions. (page 1347 in the Lightwave2015.pdf) From those that have used it say it gets unusable at small sizes since it inherits the size of the item in selected for it's functions. I have created a new version that makes more sense on how the tool functions and also should work better at smaller size edits. Here is the list of changes to the Gizmo.
1) Lengthened the size of the axis lines.
2) Increase the size of the end cone.
3) Added a smaller end cone to the other side of the axis lines. (smaller represents negative)
1) Added another arc handle 180 from the original.
2) Added colored elipses to connect the arcs. (also selectable and highlights)
3) Color coated the arcs to the relative axis they rotate around. (original is not this way which is confusing)
Scale Axis Boxes:
1) Sized up and moved the axis scale boxes.
1) Moved them to the outside of the gizmo center.
2) Changed them to squares to represent a plane.
3) Added colored lines to show which two axis it will move along. (also selectable and highlights)
Scale All Box:
1) Increase the size.
Now to use this new look, make a backup of the one that shipped with Lightwave incase you don't like the new look. It should be located in <Lightwave Dir>\support\gizmos\transform.lwo. Just replace the object and you are good to go. Enjoy and let me know what you think.