Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Machine and the GeoGlyph tools/neoflow-quadspinner

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    Looks like Geo Control is still alive....
    http:// www.world-creator.com
    Interesting, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Houdini Indie for terrain is interesting, however there are Pros / Cons to each app
    a nice read regarding that > https://80.lv/articles/procedural-la...e-environments
    Interesting read, thanks.

For me WM2.x / 3.x Beta is ok for what I need.

To access the latest 3.x Betas I would have to pay $99 maintenance which is not worth it with the current development pace.

As I mentioned, I wouldn't really recommend getting it again now, compared to Houdini Indie 16.

WMToolbox + Helios are now part of GeoGlyph, at $100 for 4K resolution.
    much better  

interestingly, Quadspinner is about to launch a new app, currently in Beta > Quadspinner TOR

Awesome! 
    I thought Helios was discontinued completly? so now what?..is he implementing that as his own atmospheric engine with his own terrain generator, and tries to make a competitive option as alternative to vue?

i have no idea, i think it is terrain only though.

regarding GeoGlyph, tested textured displacement filters in LW, and it did an alright job on it.
    so might skip the GeoGlyph thing... maybe.

reason > it's yet one more expense, and yet one more thing to learn, and 4K only.
    could pay $240 for 8K resolution, however that'd mean a mandatory upgrade of World Machine also > $210
    = $450 upgrade .... a bit much.
    Last edited by erikals; 09-10-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

i have no idea, i think it is terrain only though.

regarding GeoGlyph, tested textured displacement filters in LW, and it did an alright job on it.
    so might skip the GeoGlyph thing... maybe.

reason > it's yet one more expense, and yet one more thing to learn, and 4K only.
    could pay $240 for 8K resolution, however that'd mean a mandatory upgrade of World Machine also > $210
    = $450 upgrade .... a bit much.
    Not sure where you got the information of helios being bundled with Geoglyph? canīt find anything on that on his site, and I was confused since I know it needs vue to run, and furthermore, it was discontinued.
    so GeGlyph can not be Geoglyph + Helios, Helios was only an vue addon for better clouds, so yes..it can only be terrain with Geoglyph.
    or maybe he just bundled a sale with geoglyph and helios, though they really do not have anything to do with eachother as part of.
    Misread or misunderstood?

hm.. you know, that seemed a bit strange indeed. however now i can't find the link... i'll have to assume i misread somewhere... :l

maybe it was a bundle or something.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Might wanna hold off on all that for a bit
    Been beta testing this for a while
    http://daxpandhi.com/Blog/eue-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    Looks like Geo Control is still alive....
    http:// www.world-creator.com
    Intersting. Renders seem not on the same level as Terragen and Vue to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking realtime clouds:

https://youtu.be/rGz2AW6hD7Y

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Intersting. Renders seem not on the same level as Terragen and Vue to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking realtime clouds:

https://youtu.be/rGz2AW6hD7Y
    Have been seeing truesky some years ago, Impressive since itīs realtime, it is however still only at a 50% or so in quality and realism compared to a rendered cloud as we can see in vue or terragen, the clouds still to blocky in detail, and lacks the softness fading, and the light scattering illumination as well as shadows are not there, itīs a trade off...ideally this is something one would like to have when setting a scene up, to see it in realtime, and then a checkbox before a final render with all the improvements that is lacking in realtime.

Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    Might wanna hold off on all that for a bit
    Been beta testing this for a while
    http://daxpandhi.com/Blog/eue-2017
    Wow, that looks amazing. I've been a real fan of GeoGlyph, and could kind of see where they were heading, will be very interested to see Tor when released. Hopefully there will be some path for existing GeoGlyph customers to get to Tor, as GeoGlyph itself has been a bit moribund in progress.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB on MacPro(12C/24T/10.12.5),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

That TOR looks good. In the meantime, the ANT landscape generator in Blender 2.79 now has erosion options which makes the results much more realistic than before. Worth checking out for a freebie.
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum View Post
    That TOR looks good. In the meantime, the ANT landscape generator in Blender 2.79 now has erosion options which makes the results much more realistic than before. Worth checking out for a freebie.
    Thanks for the heads up on that, currently just have blender 2.78 installed, And the preview of blender 2.8 with principle shaders and evee, but the ANT lanscape yields an error when adding it in 2.8..and there isnīt any option anymore to tweak the settings..so some bug in there I suspect, cause that install feels very buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on that, currently just have blender 2.78 installed, And the preview of blender 2.8 with principle shaders and evee, but the ANT lanscape yields an error when adding it in 2.8..and there isnīt any option anymore to tweak the settings..so some bug in there I suspect, cause that install feels very buggy.
    I did check out 2.8 out of curiosity, but I couldn't keep it alive for very long - very buggy currently, but to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum View Post
    I did check out 2.8 out of curiosity, but I couldn't keep it alive for very long - very buggy currently, but to be expected.
    exactly, I got a lot of blender just shutting down from switching in sculpting mode to object mode in evee setup, ANT not working properly, and some other stuff.
    guess I have to download and install 2.79 to find out how the newer ANT and erosions works.

It's a bit slow at higher resolutions, so I would stick to low subdivsion settings while your playing about with the terrain tools. Houdini has also added some decent terrain tools and they work much faster. I'm just using the non-commercial free version, so some of the output options are disabled. But you can still export an OBJ of the final mesh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast