Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dungeoneer.

Dungeoneer.
    Promo 2. The game is being fully made in Lightwave.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Dungeoneer render time facts... All of Dungeoneer's artwork, animations, and movies are created in Lightwave 3D. Every 30 seconds of action takes about 10 hours to render.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeoneer FSS_01 Render Times.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	868.5 KB 
ID:	136256
    KnightTrek Productions

Cool

Dungeoneer is finished. All artwork and movies created in Lightwave. Three years of work, I'm delighted with it!!
    KnightTrek Productions

Congratulations and well done. Three years, that's some serious dedication right there!
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

Hey Paul, good job on finishing the game. That alone is a feat all by itself. I know how hard it can be to finish a relatively long-term one-man game project.

Out of curiosity, could you perhaps give us an overview of your project flow, how you managed it, and (most importantly) how you kept your motivation/morale high till the finish - a dev post mortem, if you like? I am working on a game of my own, but I find it tough to keep working on it. Procrastination, and all that. Mind, I have no issues with client work, but for my personal game project it seems I am stumbling over my own two feet. Experiences from others can be very motivational.

Tips are appreciated. :-)
    Win10 64 - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Hey Paul, good job on finishing the game. That alone is a feat all by itself. I know how hard it can be to finish a relatively long-term one-man game project.

Out of curiosity, could you perhaps give us an overview of your project flow, how you managed it, and (most importantly) how you kept your motivation/morale high till the finish - a dev post mortem, if you like? I am working on a game of my own, but I find it tough to keep working on it. Procrastination, and all that. Mind, I have no issues with client work, but for my personal game project it seems I am stumbling over my own two feet. Experiences from others can be very motivational.

Tips are appreciated. :-)
    +1

Thanks, folks, appreciated. As for what kept me going...

I will admit I didn't think it would take three years to make it! Perhaps if I had of known that at the start, it might have given me pause for thought... But what did keep me going was the game itself. It's story. The action pieces. Exploring the environments. There are many rooms in Dungeoneer for the player to explore so every time I finished one room, I was ready to start work afresh on a new room with its new elements, new story, new excitement. But yes, there were some rooms which took longer to develop which had me gritting my teeth when I would wake up in the morning and realise I still had to work in it!

But I had a story to tell, character stories to explore, and action and magic sequences to see happen on screen, and that's what kept me going. I always wanted to get to the next big action piece in the game and face the challenge of modelling, texturing, lighting, and animating it, and then rendering it off, compiling it all, and seeing the finished sequences live on screen! The excitement kept me going!
    KnightTrek Productions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12