Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave Preset Scene * for building

well I opened the scene and it looks cool. I think that the sphere object needs more subdivisions. It has the default 3 but maybe 6 would be good. Good work guys
    Intel Core i7-4770 @3.40GHz,GeForce GTX 660 - Ram 8Gb - Win 8.1 64b

Hey Online, is the new UV mapped version available for download?

Nice thread , But does this thing have some official WEB that's not on Facebook or only FB users ?
    www.lewis.tomsoft.hr
    Home WS i7 Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/2x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080
    Work WS-i7 3930K/32GB/Win7x64/660GTX

My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Nice thread , But does this thing have some official WEB that's not on Facebook or only FB users ?
    in theory *yes* LightWiki 3.0 is built but it's a while away and that is mainly due to rebuilding and properly structuring the wiki , so for the time being I am collecting in presets , creating a proper material scene file and just sharing freely until we hit a middle ground and everyone is satisfied with the quality & representation of the preset/surface material.

well I opened the scene and it looks cool. I think that the sphere object needs more subdivisions. It has the default 3 but maybe 6 would be good. Good work guys
    I hear ya , the new version I put the render Sub_D level up to 5 I noticed some pinching in the mesh and this has now been corrected by upping the SubDivision * displays @ 3 render @ 5.
    I also added a secondary camera called thumbnail camera , this renders at the correct rez for custom thumbnails.
    and as DJ requested I have added two HDR images in the textured environment tab preset default & outdoor * 2 layers one being not active .
    Steve B done a quick UV map on the preset but I noticed there is some stretching around the logo part but tbh I dont think we will get a better UV map but please try and correct it if you have time.

Download Version 3 HERE

sorry I am not at my machine today so the file is just what I had inside DB *

A lot of people complain about the presets following with lightwave, could we share some of these presets wirh lw3dg so they can replace the old presets with some new ones?

Hey Online, I just loaded Version 3 and noticed that the outdoor environment was the default, can you just change it back to the studio being the default, it just might confuse people at the moment, the outdoor is really only there if people want to check how the surface might look in bright daylight, but studio is best for rendering out the catalog and thumbnail images. We should probably rename both those environment images to something really obvious like Environment Studio, Environment Outdoors. I imagine when the page goes up there will be an instructional section dealing with all this.

Anyway, anyone who has just downloaded the latest version, make sure to set the environment image back to Preset Default Env.

Also, has it been said already? In the details section, it must list any 3rd party plugins that were used.

Well frankly if is LW presets system it should be with clean LW without 3rd party plugins, especialyl if you are expecting newbies to open it with Demo or newly purchased LW licenses, actually all program presets should be loadable with default/clean installation.
    www.lewis.tomsoft.hr
    Home WS i7 Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/2x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080
    Work WS-i7 3930K/32GB/Win7x64/660GTX

My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

I was incorrect about the default environment, it is already set as default, it's just that the two images loaded into the texture editor had the outdoor one on top, so the thumbnail was displayed and I mistook it to mean that image was the one being used. Perhaps just swap they layer order so the studio environment thumbnail is displayed, that's all.

I agree with Lewis, let's not even attempt to mix it up, I prefer there being a quality library to pick from that can take advantage of plugins and so on.

my Initial Idea for displaying presets

btw these presets above are avialble for download created by a Lwiki Facebook member
    Umberto Celentano

Dropbox Link to presets

When you mouse over them could they display a name, or already have a name on them?

Epic!

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    When you mouse over them could they display a name, or already have a name on them?
    well see before this kinda took legs the download section looked like so http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=75656 don't worry if you see your work we hotlink and credit everyone *

and each download displayed like so *see page 1 of thread ...

but to answer your question *yes I can display the name , I can pretty much do anything with images

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    I mean't could it display a surface name (description).

any data that gets submitted to the server can be caught and displayed , I am not sure about reading the actual .pst so it's automatic field entry. I believe the user would need to submit the description when uploading the preset .
    , really what I want is an auto submitter that runs direct inside LW , instead of right click save preset on the surface it would be right click send preset to LightWiki , but my python and l-script sucks and I don't have the funds to employ someone .

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast