Thread: How to make HDR follow object

How to make HDR follow object

How to right make to HDR follow object?
    Object rotate 360°.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDR follow.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	117296  
    Last edited by intssed; 09-25-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Ok I would move camera in this time.

Maybe it's not a question but a reflection on the topic:
    what happens with the HDR map, when the object is rotated together with the room and the light relative to camera?
    Last edited by intssed; 09-26-2013 at 12:57 AM.

in the graph editor, modifier tab, channel follower. This allows you to link one motion/rotation/value to another that is being animated.

Channel follower ON

Channel follower OFF
    Last edited by intssed; 09-26-2013 at 04:45 AM.

Orlando, FL
    I'm not sure I'm understanding some things here.

What is the use of your HDR here? An HDRI is used to simulate the environment something is in. This shot has only the product and the ground plane visible.
    What is the value in this? I don't see that this does anything that can't be done by regular lighting techniques.

Why would you want to spin object, room, and lights instead of just moving the camera?

You say the channel follower is on, but what is it following? Is it following the rotation of a center null that is driving the camera rotation? Is the changing lighting what you have an issue with?

I think if rotate an object HDRI effect remains static relative to the camera?
    If the camera rotates HDRI effect remains static relative to the camera anyway?
    That because I have use non static image.

Channel follower ON/OFF Flash VR object

Channel follower ON 5th frame

Channel follower ON 5th frame

Channel follower OFF 5th frame
    Last edited by intssed; 09-26-2013 at 06:51 AM.

It works as expected, the problem here is we don't know what you need.

If you mapped the HDRI on the backdrop it will stay static to the world, that means if you only rotate your object the HDRI stays fixed, if you rotate the camera then the HDRI seems to spin because it's locked to the world.

Channel follower was suggested as one of the many ways you can change this behaviour in case you needed something different.

Much thanks, Danner! Now i have good tool - Channel follower & discover his opportunities.

I was recommended a good idea, bake effect to texture. Will to try.

TrueArt Support
    In your case, I would make null, parent camera to that null, and then keyframe null rotation 0@t1 and 360@t2. Make camera target central object. Instead of trying to rotate object & environment map..
    LightWave Plugins
    Global Materials for LightWave 2018!
    Custom plugin writing. Request a quote.