Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebasvideo View Post
    I would love to see that kind of tutorial as well.
    I might cover that in a tutorial ..in a couple of years when Im finished manually setting it up, and installing my recording devices again and get the passion to actually do it too

Meanwhile..you might want to check this pyro stunt car blast reference...aprox 1.20 in to the video you get some nice details about the blast, heat, timing etc...and some good slo mo pics of the blast...such blast seen there would
    probably require Fluids..wouldnīt try hypervoxels for the rolling afterburnt gas cloud...the initial blasts and trails works fine with hypervoxels though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEqIiflPpp8
    Last edited by prometheus; 08-11-2013 at 06:45 AM.

i believe Sean M Jackson used a plugin called Bakudan, an in-house LightWave plugin by Kiko Sato no longer developed.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   FogBugz   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    i believe Sean M Jackson used a plugin called Bakudan, an in-house LightWave plugin by Kiko Sato no longer developed.

yeah..Ivé heard something about that, wasnīt that something that Kelly M was involved in testing too, and that was a fluid replacement for the old dynamite plugin? I donīt think it was a particle voxel engine right?
    I donīt think they continued that since turbulence came along, and thus not necessary.

Michael

yes, i think that was the reason, it was pretty much like Turbulence, once Turbulence came around development was stopped.
    Kelly Kat pushed it forward...

^ ^
    •  •
     ^

FreedomLovingKat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TFD_AdvancedConceptsAndProjects_Promo_R01.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	116283Bakudan was a Liberty3d.com product in development at one time and was never released to anyone outside of myself and Kiko. Production stopped on it after TFD had appeared to have a larger head start. Our goal was to replace Dynamite as it sat after Tan Tarcan disappeared from the face of the earth.
    Bakudan isn't totally dead. We've been looking at OpenCL to do the calculations stuff recently but don't hold your breath. Kiko is unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) full time at Intel now. I have been working with Jascha on a few things to produce the TFD videos, the first one of course being out on www.liberty3d.com and I'm actually in front of my machine now watching sims as I work to produce the next installment.
    Here are some stills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PFX_TFD_Explosions_Explosion_Three_R13.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	116284  
    DJ Lithium
    Support "Stasys"!
    http://www.stasys.tv
    www.battlestarvfx.com
    Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

might just get it...

explosion reference >

May I offer some thoughts on this
    A) If, you decide you have a 'Curious' Camera, not just a locked off one,
    then a close shot could show bodywork ,bloat,rupture & crinkle in SloMo.
    All your newer Lightwave goodies to use Cloth, pinning, Bullet Etc,
    B) Watching Erikals Vid now after thinking about this verifies Cloth bodywork,
    look at that bonnet go! Done well with Turb,it could look destructifingly sexy.

I love the flaming, tumbling, windscreen!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-11 at 15.56.14.png 
Size:	404.7 KB 
ID:	116288  
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

yes erikals..good you posted that ref, I did in fact an update of my post with exactly that video too, but strangely it didnīt update or I missed to save the changes of my post.

Kelly cat animated samples is what best shows whatīs going on, still renders doesnīt say much, hope you could provide some samples of that later on, for me it wonīt attract me to get anything without that.

Bakudan not completly dead, thatīs good, however...since we do have turbulence; I would rather see the particle voxel engine from dynamite transfered to hypervoxels or a new system, it was a great fireshader, rotational control, polyons and
    a much better openGL view(same as afterburner and 3d max) than current lw voxels, blending mode that is a true metablend..not the lousy one we got for hypervoxels volume today, the noise was poor though except for two of the smoke noise textures.. another issue with dynamite in some cases it was much slower than hypervoxels.

Old dynamite voxel engine and some particle carrier and trails...
    http://vimeo.com/28587261

Long time ago fiddlings with turbulenceFD, I can do better now
    http://vimeo.com/35528035
    http://vimeo.com/35832026
    http://vimeo.com/30915803

Michael
    Last edited by prometheus; 08-11-2013 at 01:47 PM.

just a simple first test..not sure I got the time and passion to follow it through, just basics without doing any deeper tweaking of the settings, so timing is off and speed and detail of fluid isnīt correct etc...and I just rendered an open gl preview.
    the car is the free simple dodge_ram from dmi cars.
    I did a small break up on a door but noticed that I really didnīt have to break it up for this simple shot, since it is already in pieces, now the car should of course be manally fractured in detail and maybe some crumpling to for best effect, later on perhaps.

I just added a null and made it kinematic, moved it up at keyframe 10 so the force from that pushes pieces upwards, extremly simple and fast to set up, I didnīt do anything else with the bullet dynamics except making the car a parts body
    and sleep activated.

Added a groundplane and made it static body.

Added a particle emitter set to fixed frame at keyframe 5 and added some explosion value of 20 and 5 meter velocity in y axis.

Added turbulenceFD fluid container and made the particle emitter a fluid emitter, and increased velocity value for the fluid emitter, some remapping of fluid temperature shader.
    Didnīt have time to render right now..so the openGL will have to do...it was very fast to setup, and that is thanks to Lightwave workflow speed the rest is a matter of looking at reference and tweak bullet and turbulenceFD to
    perfection.
    Edit update...I forgot to mention that I did a mdd baking of the sim first, added mdd reader and loaded the mdd sim, and then turned off bullet to avoid any complications with turbulenceFD.

Name:	car_explode_stillshot.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	116312
    See attached mov

Michael
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by prometheus; 08-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Looks cool. Come to think of it, the only things that would need fracturing would be the glass and some interior parts, the body will not fracture in any car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebasvideo View Post
    Looks cool. Come to think of it, the only things that would need fracturing would be the glass and some interior parts, the body will not fracture in any car.
    Depend on how well built the car is
    and maybe also the actual force of something blowing up, but generally what you mostly see is some bulging and crumpling and tearing of the bigger parts, and windows and small debris,windshield, interior partis flying out.
    But that was what I mentioned too in the beginning of the thread.

Im testing some different blow outs, the posted test was with particles, and right now Iīm testing some with geometry emitting fluids like sphereīs etc, you can strategicly place them around or in the car to get different fluid emissions, some
    pressure and maybe temperature expand helps too, the tricky part is to know what voxel size to use in resolution for the fluid container and emitter radius, and also the actual texturing of the fluids, setting turbulence noise and vorticity preferably
    before any subgrid detai..if any.
    particles gives you more control of directional flames or fast flying expansion, but itīs also tricky to avoid blob look from it, thus geometry emission can give a more cleaner look of th fluid.

Another tricky part might be to get the fast paced explosion have right timing etc.

I might do a particle version too of it with hypervoxels, maybe dynamite voxels too...depends on time and if I feel the project isnīt to complicated timewise...the foremost thing to work on solely though would
    be to get the car look like it takes on the explosion power somehow with initial crumpling and small parts flying.

Michael

I'll blow up a piece of Detroit Iron in the next day or two...kaboom! I have a few models I could use.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    My Star Trek Reel

Battle of the 1970's Super Cars

-----------------------
    Spaceship maker.

See attached mov file.
    hereīs a VPR preview render with too much smoke, this test thing actually sucks in many ways, lousy car model, lousy shading no good lighting setup, the bullet dynamics is just rude and not perticular cool, the
    fluid has too little detail and is completly wrong in colors, should be more white,faint yellow brownish
    , more like the image kelly posted or like the blast reference, but Hey...Im aware of it and can fix it if I decide to do so
    Mainly testing general motion and trying to acheive the scale of turbulence and vortices as good as possible without using to much hight res sims, and trying to avoid subrid texturing (they are extremly slow to render)

This time thereīs no particle emitter just two spheres emitting, I did a time stretch to 600 in after effects, some weird VPR hickups in some frames, hate when that happens.
    this is just for fast fun so far..if I decide to go more serious and set up a good car blow job, and it will look like something else

Mainly I would switch out the car against a better model, let the door fly out, punch crumple the front with displacement and let the fluid emitt from inside of the car more like the reference, in the car reference
    you also have very nice sequential ignitions following each other and very nice high velocity dust, not sure I would like to embarge on such project..got lots of other things to do as priority.

Name:	horrible explosion.jpg 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	116317

Michael
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123