Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    You forgot to mention the t-shirt. Since the LWG can only ever sells is LightWave then the t-shirt also counts asa LightWave app bringing the total number of LightWave apps up to 6.... unless you count lwsn, and the lscript helper apps.

chronos is meant as a seperate application, just like any other app, it's not part of LightWave, and won't be for a long time.

the plugin is not an app, so it's still down to 2, imo.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   FogBugz   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    chronos is meant as a seperate application, just like any other app, it's not part of LightWave, and won't be for a long time.

Does *.exe stands for separate app in your book or what do you call app then?

Hint HUB.exe
    www.lewis.tomsoft.hr
    Home WS i7 Dual Xeon E5-2690/64GB/Win8x64/3x780GTX
    Work WS-i7 3930K/32GB/Win7x64/660GTX

My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

sure, but it's running in the background, and i never touch it, so not something i really care about.

sure, but it's running in the background, and i never touch it, so not something i really care about.

You use it or not doesn't change fact that it's separate app .

And it has purpose (HUB), very important one (sadly it fails too often in it's task so i keep it off )
    Last edited by Lewis; 07-27-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    www.lewis.tomsoft.hr
    Home WS i7 Dual Xeon E5-2690/64GB/Win8x64/3x780GTX
    Work WS-i7 3930K/32GB/Win7x64/660GTX

My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

sure, if you wanna get technical about it.
    i got other things to worry about though, other LightWave stuff i'd like fixed.

to hub, or not to hub, that, is the question...

ok,... it's not, nobody wants the hubbie... poor hubbie...

Great to see innovation again

Really wise business decision to make Chronosculpt an app independent of Lightwave. Judging from feedback there are animators who aren't using LW who can see the benefit. CS may well draw more artists out there into LW. There's no doubting the LW3d group are on a creative roll and rather than getting completely consumed reinventing the wheel they're rightly looking to create brand new plugins quickly with universal appeal. Brilliant marketing strategy.

Having said that I'm a little disappointed there doesn't seem to be a 'loyalty discount' or special offer for owners of LW but maybe this will come in time. If CS development stalls or is wrongfooted by rivals it will probably be absorbed into LW just like Maxon's Bodypaint was once ZB appeared on the scene. Hopefully this won't happen but LW3DG should keep its user base sweet.

As a Zbrush fan I think it's remarkable the LW3D group have leapfrogged Pixologic and devised a modest yet extremely innovative and powerful app which enables animateable sculpting. Those of us who have been pleading for point animation in Layout now have this in the form of an ingenious plugin for a few 100$. If CS stays ahead of the game and Pixologic don't incorporate similar technology LW3G could grow their user base significantly.

How long will it be before we see character animation in Zbrush? Layers have morphing control but there's nothing quite like CS there yet. LW3D should really work hard on CS and develop new brushes, alphas and the capacity to import different sculpted versions of a model (with same poly count) in sequence for animation.

Great to see innovation in LW rather than catchup... Just like Metanurbs and Hypervoxels created waves back in the late 90s.
    Lightwave character models: Johnny Rem 3D
    Animation thread

Quote Originally Posted by LW_Will View Post
    Really?? Split into three apps? Lightwave 11.6 is a point upgrade. Nevron is a PLUGIN FOR LIGHTWAVE! and ChronoSculpt is a standalone program.

Breaking in two is hardly fragmentation.
    and

CS is another app. And itīs features are part of a 3D workflow. So the LW pipeline is split into 3 apps (modeler, layout and CS).
    If you say it is meant as a seperate app, I have to say modeler is a seperate app, too. So no need to talk about integration any more.

Remeber that important features like correcting bullet dynamics be absent in LW (and never will be implemented, like they are in CS, as Rob Powers mentioned in the censored thread).

ciao
    Thomas
    I use two pieces of the three-piece application with mocap module.

if Chronos was integrated in LightWave you wouldn't notice the difference when working with it.
    that's all i'm saying...

dang, just realized now how easy it is to overwrite that mocap data... !!!
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/36352093 6:35 into video

no wonder Nevron-Motion was getting attention!

Last edited by erikals; 07-28-2013 at 08:42 AM.

if Chronos was integrated in LightWave you wouldn't notice the difference when working with it.
    that's all i'm saying...
    I would notice the difference when working with Layout!

I think you speak about their geo engine "Hydra", but thatīs only one thing of CS the other thing is it function (which is the part that will not find itīs way into LW, "Hydra" will come to LW if they could handle it).

And so the 3D workflow of LW is split into 3 apps.

ciao
    Thomas
    I use two pieces of the three-piece application with mocap module.

afaik, for cleaning up mocap, you might wanna check out these two >

Keystrainer (32bit)
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/p...ry/keystrainer

Key Reducer (32/64)
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/p...ry/key-reducer

dang, just realized now how easy it is to overwrite that mocap data... !!!
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/36352093 6:35 into video

no wonder Nevron-Motion was getting attention!
    Thanks for that. This looks just like how Larry overlaid additional animation on top of mocap using IKBoost - but MUCH easier.

Now there's really no way I CANNOT get this plugin.

Just wondering, Ummm ... In the Nevron Motion Siggraph video demos, the announcement was made of the "Bounce" character being included with the purchase of the Nevron Motion software. Any idea where to get it? Did not see it in any of the downloads for the product!! Having it would go a long way in helping to work with the product.

Lino mentioned yesterday that new content will be available soon--I assumed he meant the content shown at Siggraph, maybe more.

At the moment I'm more interested in the face stuff myself. I would love to see how they set up the demo head at the show.

G.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast