Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LightWave 11.6

Wow - thanks, you are right. So it seems my meshes are correct

I have an issue with the new color picker, I canīt get realtime update in the vpr when changing colors, tried a lot of settings, but it doesnt update vpr until I close the color picker, from the video shown, it is updating so it must be there.

Michael

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    Awesome! From page 282 of the PDF: Workflow Enhancements
    Matching Perspective to Camera or Light View
    What is this used for? I'm trying to think of things you can do in perspective view that you can't do from camera or light view. Or am I not understanding what the new functionality is supposed to do?
    Windows 7x64, Pentium Quad Core 2.50GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5750, 8 GB RAM

try and spin and view your items from a camera point of view and spin around it until you get the desired view, you cant get the same fast feedback unless setting up a null and target the camera towards that, in such
    case you can spin around similar, but you have to set that up first, I would like to see additional cam targe options to just check ..an voila we have that too. thereīs a plugin script helping with that too.

but as mentioned perspective view gives limitless rotation viewing angles and zooming,paning wich is more cumbersome to arrive to when just moving and rotating the cam, sometimes you might want to tumle in nice view from perspective, then
    have that matched to a cam point of view, thereīs been a lot of us wanting that..a plugin was made for it, and now itīs built in, so thereīs definitly a reason why itīs there.

As mentioned try and spin around your item 360 degrees to find that perfect spot view with the cam view, youll find out that you cant.

Newbie Member
    Ok, I see now, it matches the camera or light to the perspective view. I thought it was doing the opposite (Moving perspective view to where camera or light is) It was the way it is worded. "Matching Perspective to Camera or Light" to me means changing the perspective view to match the camera view or light view. I was wondering why someone would need to have the perspective view match a camera or light view exactly when they could just do what they needed to from camera or light view.

Quote Originally Posted by eKalb View Post
    Ok, I see now, it matches the camera or light to the perspective view. I thought it was doing the opposite (Moving perspective view to where camera or light is) It was the way it is worded. "Matching Perspective to Camera or Light" to me means changing the perspective view to match the camera view or light view. I was wondering why someone would need to have the perspective view match a camera or light view exactly when they could just do what they needed to from camera or light view.
    well you said it yourself, quite unlogic otherwise? the thing is that you cant in camera viewpoint match to perspective, thereīs no option for that, in perspective view you can match it to a camera view.

Babylon was never finished...to many languages and the people building it coulnīt understand each other, I think that communication in every aspect of life is a huge bug causing a lot of errors, isnīt it?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I have an issue with the new color picker, I canīt get realtime update in the vpr when changing colors, tried a lot of settings, but it doesnt update vpr until I close the color picker, from the video shown, it is updating so it must be there.

Michael
    The original Jovian Color Picker works that way as well (doesn't update until you click OK) no matter which application you're using it with. I'll have to take another look at the new features vid now though.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    The original Jovian Color Picker works that way as well (doesn't update until you click OK) no matter which application you're using it with. I'll have to take another look at the new features vid now though.

M.
    weird..in the video I could swear I saw vpr update the color of a car when the color wheel changed, without closing it, and thatīs how I thought it should work, otherwise it is a little of a let down actually.

Newbie Member
    In the video, it shows it not updating until they close the color picker. Then later it looks like it is updating without closing it, but I think it's video editing. They cut the part where they click Ok to update, then open the color picker again and resume the demo. It's about 54 seconds into the 11.6 teaser video.

They need to make it update without closing the picker.
    Last edited by eKalb; 07-24-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eKalb View Post
    In the video, it shows it not updating until they close the color picker. Then later it looks like it is updating without closing it, but I think it's video editing. They cut the part where they click Ok to update, then open the color picker again and resume the demo. It's about 54 seconds into the 11.6 teaser video.

They need to make it update without closing the picker.
    That looks a little like false advertising, maybe not intentional, canīt say to much about that since I get my free update, but others might complain if they see this and think it could update like that.
    I wouldn mind if they make it work like that...a little downer as I mentioned if not.

I have some weird requesters showing up in lw 11.6 32 bit, canīt clear sceneīs without a reqester saying" cant find radiosity cache, select alternat file? and also when loading a scene with hv clouds, when clearing that it says, can find voxel cache select alternate file.
    Same requesters shows up when loading scenes too.

Then I went in to paths options and was about to click on radiosity to set path, bang instant crash.

I also get a little too much crashes when working with procedural layers and vpr.

the crashes and requsters I had are now gone, might have helped when I closed lw 11.6 started 11.3 and worked with that for a while.

so back to 11.6 it loads and clears scenes fine again.
    I was checking the raycast nodes, Ivé watched the siggraph presentation of it, I think it is a little to complicated having to set it up though, itīs getting a little like houdini with jumping in and out of nodes, I think that is generally
    good, but I also think we need to be able to compile nodes as assets in a better way, and possible have a library preset for such things.

I was testing the raycast offset scene, adding the nodal motion alone wonīt get you any results, so that has to be setup..now I didnīt check that deep in to the functions of it all, math required
    however..I thought I should simple select the whole node hiearchy and export as saved node, reload the nodes and see it that works, but it doesnīt bring in all the node connections as they were when exported, they are broken sort of and
    some connections have to be made again.
    Isnīt there a way to pack all nodes complety so they donīt break when imported again? I suspect I have missed that about nodes...is there a compound node needed or a container sort of?

Michael

The main stumbling block for people with the RayCast node is not lifting the geom up enough to begin with to make sure it is "above" the floor object. The actual node network is extremely simple, just add Nodal Motion to the motion options, add the RayCast Geometry node, connect Intersect to Position and double click on the Ray Cast node to say what exactly you are intersecting.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    FX-8350 x8 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti (331.58) with 1344 CUDA cores, 16GB RAM
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97) with 192 CUDA cores, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 10.9 Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    The main stumbling block for people with the RayCast node is not lifting the geom up enough to begin with to make sure it is "above" the floor object. The actual node network is extremely simple, just add Nodal Motion to the motion options, add the RayCast Geometry node, connect Intersect to Position and double click on the Ray Cast node to say what exactly you are intersecting.

B
    Thanks for the heads up on that, I still feel that there must be a way to add such things as presets or that it contains the whole node when saved out, so you donīt have to redraw connections everytime.
    understanding the nodes is of course helpful if you would want to make the best use of them, but as it is now ..it feels contra productive in workflow, I hope the node system in the future simply can allow us to "bake" or gather
    all underlying nodes in to one main container asset node, easy to load in without doing new connections.
    Best scenario would be to actually have an option to add such main container asset node in to a motion preset system.

Time is an asset

Michael
    Last edited by prometheus; 07-25-2013 at 09:51 AM.

You can do that in 11.6 with Compound nodes, or is that not what you meant?

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    FX-8350 x8 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti (331.58) with 1344 CUDA cores, 16GB RAM
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97) with 192 CUDA cores, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 10.9 Mavericks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast