Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grit Node for 11.5?

Does anyone know if Grit Node is available for or compatible with 11.5?
    Mac Pro Dual Quad Core, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB, 1 TB HardDrive LW 11.6

I Wished My Brain Came With A Manual... I could look up everything I've learned sorted by topic...

I've been using it in 11.5 with no problems.

Yup works perfectly!

where does one get this grit node?

I've given up on EE grit node. I wish NT would write a similar more robust node. On large meshes it works pretty good, but on smaller ones it starts generating artifacts - especially with SubD objects. I've reverted to weight maps and the many available occlusion shaders to get my dirt in the cracks - a little more work, but far more control. I've also used modo's great occlusion shaders and baked out a UV map and applied it my objects to get a great "dirt in crevice" or "shiny high areas" look. See example attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BakedUV.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	651.0 KB 
ID:	114782  
    Cheers
    Snosrap

Jesus Christ is Lord!

http://www.pinterest.com/thelightwaveguy/pins/

Quote Originally Posted by torturebori007 View Post
    where does one get this grit node?
    http://www.lwplugindb.com/plugin/grit-node/

direct:
    http://katastro.fi/~eetu/gritnode/
    Dell T7400 Quad Core Xeon E5420 @2.50 - 16 GB DDR2 - GeForce GTX 650 - Windows 7 64-bit

Are any of you using the Mac version of LW by any chance?
    Mac Pro Dual Quad Core, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB, 1 TB HardDrive LW 11.6

I Wished My Brain Came With A Manual... I could look up everything I've learned sorted by topic...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PickupRusty_v001.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	747.0 KB 
ID:	114792

I used it recently to make this car a bit rusty. After texturing the model which took not more than 5 minutes I created a uv map with the new UV unwrap tool in modeler. Finally I baked the texture to the uv map. To make it ready for export to what ever app.
    Last edited by 3DGFXStudios; 06-07-2013 at 05:28 AM.

That's a very nice render! I'm having trouble with Light Wave not accepting the UB version of the plugin. I keep getting an error message. I've used this plugin in LW 11 but now it's not accepted by the software. At least that's what it looks like. I put the plugin in the 11.5 plugins folder and launched Modeler. From there I went to Utilities/ Add Plugins, chose Grit Node UB and then the message "Cannot Load External Plug-In File..." comes up. Any thoughts?

Richard

Richard

Thanks! Could it be a 32bit 64bit problem?

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hebert View Post
    That's a very nice render! I'm having trouble with Light Wave not accepting the UB version of the plugin. I keep getting an error message. I've used this plugin in LW 11 but now it's not accepted by the software. At least that's what it looks like. I put the plugin in the 11.5 plugins folder and launched Modeler. From there I went to Utilities/ Add Plugins, chose Grit Node UB and then the message "Cannot Load External Plug-In File..." comes up. Any thoughts?
    I just checked the compile from 20.07.2011 - copied it to ~/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/11.5/plugins, started Layout and there it was.

However, it seems that the one on the site is older and probably not 64-bit then. I've attached the current build (I hope Eetu doesn't mind).

Cheers,
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks guys, that was the problem. I would have never discovered that one. It's almost like 32 bit never existed. I have to remind myself of this next time around.

Gracias amigo!

Polygon Whisperer
    Hi fellas, long time no see

I added lightwolf's build from this thread, as well as Phil's from ee_gritnode - Mac32 and Mac64, to the plugin homepage, maybe that will help with any future confusion for Mac guys.

Holy damn, I just realised this plugin is 15 years old!

eetu.

It's an oldie but surely a goodie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast