Register

Thread: SpeedEdit 3.0

Exclamation SpeedEdit 3.0

So I am guessing no Speededit 3.0 announcements at NAB this month
    It would be nice to have
    A new re-write to 64 bit
    plug-in architecture based on OpenFX
    Multi Cam edit feature
    Auto Audio Sync (to sync up multiple audio sources)
    A new large collection of HD transitions included or sold separate like Digital Juice collections
    Be the first NLE to incorporate H.265 (High Efficiency Video Coding-H.NGVC )

I saw that some people are looking to create a new open source NLE
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/28/o...n-kickstarter/

I would love to see that happen. However I think 2.5 is it. Doesn't seem like there is any reason for them to continue building on SE. I have a new Z400 HP system and I'm getting ready to dump Win7 64bit on it. I know the 32bit Vista that came on it chokes with SE on any AVCHD clip I try to play. I have to render them out first to SEHQ however the quality of the clip is changing and has some noise in it. It's certainly not full HD in my eyes in doing this.
    & WPS ROCKS!!!

I would buy 3.0 asap if it came out.

SE runs great under win 7 64 bit and avchd vids.

Runs great until you use the blur. It chokes my 64 bit Quad Xeon with solid state drives and loaded to the hilt. They should definitely be developing SE on the Tricaater so there is no reason not to leave the standalone version alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    They should definitely be developing SE on the Tricaater so there is no reason not to leave the standalone version alone.
    Here here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    They should definitely be developing SE on the Tricaater so there is no reason not to leave the standalone version alone.
    To me, Tricaster is a dedicated live video system. If I had a Tricaster (which I plan to purchase) it would permanently reside in the chroma key studio. This is not the environment to do post production. My software lab is where all of the editing and CG work is done. I have lots of other software packages that run on the same system which is a no-no for Tricaster. Having to use a Tricaster to edit video is like forcing someone to commute to work in an RV.

I have been following 4K and I think that the movie industry is already heading in that direction. I am an indie film maker (among other things that I am actually much better at). Once all of the pieces are in place and the prices are right, I will be needing a 4K NLE and I would like it to be SE3. 4K video camcorders are already available. Monitors are another thing. But there are good reasons to capture higher resolution than what will be in your production.

Recently I did a project for a concert where I captured the video in 1920 X 1080. I just set up the camera to frame the whole event. In post I used SE to produce an SD product. I panned around the frame in post and brought up little insets to bring out-of-view parts of the raw frame into view. My customer was very impressed. With a 4K camera and NLE I could do the same thing and produce an HD product.
    Last edited by PabloMack; 08-02-2013 at 08:17 AM.

i'm definitely interested in a version 3. now there's a version 2.5, does that mean eventually there's going to be 3.0?

The other side to this customers, especially local broadcaster/PBS stations are already asking us for UltraHD or if the TriCaster's will become compatible with this looming technology. My question to them is, Which Ultra HD you talking about? NHK is already working feverishly on 8K right now. But we all would certainly love to see a really new interface design to SpeedEdit to match the look and feel of the TriCaster8000 and able to edit 4K vids would be great. So bring on Version 3....And really compete the product against others out there.
    & WPS ROCKS!!!