Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Visiting

Quote Originally Posted by 2create View Post
    realised the inside gets seen on a few shots so put in an interior.

is that a clutch in the interior shot !?! =)

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    is that a clutch in the interior shot !?! =)
    Haha yeah, seven speed.

Started using EXtractoR in After Effects with the multiEXR output. And I reeaally want to get the buffers working so I can comp and tweak

I've have everything working well accept (I think) the colour of the of the lights in the diffuse that seem to be missing. It is present in 'shaded diffuse' but I'm not sure how to use it and it's combined with diffuse so the darker areas have less saturation (as I tried adding it on 'color' blend mode before adding reflection).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buffers_comps.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	248.3 KB 
ID:	125383
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

Shadow catcher is cool but I'm really liking using DPkits shadow and the occlusion node plugged into the transparency channel with a black background.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadowsDP.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	125608
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

How is that used in a scene, as in what is that node plugged into, is it an image processing thing or what? And did you get your EXR's working?

Ops yeah, plugged into the shader on a 0 diffuse ground polygon. I couldn't get the EXR passes working in the end but am still rendering out multiple buffers to use in an additive/subtractive manor on the beauty pass if needed.

This is a really fun project! I can't believe I haven't seen it before. I'm glad I found it. Now finish it!

I just speed-read my way thru this thread (mostly to get to the video links ) so maybe this information is no longer relevant, but the object id and surface id buffers will work in After Effects. They are floating point values (I've been told). This means they look black when you bring them into AE, but the data is there. Under Effects/3D channel is something called "Identifier" It works like "Extractor", you click where it says "channel" then pick either the object id or surface buffer. By default, it displays the information as colors. This may be sufficient, but for some reason, it seems to often assign the same color to more than one item. The solution is to set display to "raw" which makes everything look black again, but now each object (or surface) can be selected separately with a color key.

The only drawback is that the buffers can't be made to be antialiased, so sometimes a little finessing is needed.

Also, if you are using multi-layered exr files, there is a really useful script available from the Fnord website. You need to download the PRO EXR plugin, but the script will install and work even if you don't register he plug-in. Registration is only required if you want to render out multi-layered exrs from AE. The script adds a command under the File menu "Create PRO EXR Layer Comps" which will do most of the heavy lifting for setting up Extractor and Identifier comps for all of your buffers.

Anyway, hope some of that helps. Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by johnliebler; 12-11-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks for all the buffer/AE information John! I'll definitely be trying the pro exr plugin/script.

Another one who's just stumbled on this thread - very, very sweet work and adorable character. No idea how I've missed this!
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i7-5960X OC@4.2GHz | 32Gb | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti + GeForce GTX 970 4Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    Another one who's just stumbled on this thread - very, very sweet work and adorable character. No idea how I've missed this!
    Thanks!

Here's an update of some of the 2d animations in GIF form! Pretty much completed the first episode coming in at 1 minute. Just waiting for approval to use a music track.

Light Shield

HUD Elements

Title

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Sits patiently and waits for first episode!

Love the 2d gifs. Title is perfect.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Absolutely perfect, as seen in GIF's hopefully the compression won't kill your specifically placed noise...

I've loved following this... Fascinating. Great character work, and stunning shots! All looking very high end indeed... And will be brilliant exposure for some lovely character work using LightWave.

Can't wait to see more!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Exactly my thoughts. Like lardbros above I'm eager to see more, so inspiring!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567