Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting

Nice and cute ! The texture on the Casio looks great.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Goodness me... I had a similar watch and now I feel old.

Looking forward to the next part.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Haha! That was my first digital wrist watch!think I broke it after two weeks...Anyway, great shot, i would like to know something about your lightning techniques, are you using GI in your anims? Hdri on a ball and another blurred hdri for the GI?
    Lit with coloured area lights mostly, no GI. I take about a little baoding ball which works pretty well optically, capturing multiple exposures, merge to HDR and unwrapping to a spherical map with Flexify for Photoshop and sometimes painting in a few stop above in 32bit mode to get nice highlights on reflections.

Here's another image, testing a grade. Shot on a hacked Panasonic GH2 with a 14-140mm Lumix lens

Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

Utterly brilliant. Looks so good.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

This looks lovely! I can see him starring in a set of adverts for something.

Louis, absolutely brilliant. You do everything the right way and get fantastic results, I really need to kick myself when I see your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by XswampyX View Post
    This looks lovely! I can see him starring in a set of adverts for something.
    Couldn't agree more. He crash lands on earth, spends a little time walking the streets, get's splashed my passing cars in the rain (to a classical slow background tune) stumbles across the AUDI showroom, jumps in and presses the start button, dash lights up and he feels all at home.

You know dome lights can now support the background image too? Save doing any HDR, for animations and the like. Perfect for this sort of thing!

beautiful stuff as usual!

Thanks all!

Yeah would be nice to have him looking at some odd advert that would seem totally ridiculous from his pov. Didn't know that about dome lights. I'm only really getting the hdr probe for the reflections on him at the mo.

Here's a vid of that shot: https://vimeo.com/61207785 password: spaceman
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

How adorable! Very well done!

Registered User Pamela G. Juust's Avatar
    Great stuff! Well executed in all aspects!

Get it finished Louis, don't let it die, what a great showcase, there's nothing I don't like about it, perfect integration, animation, cinematography, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by 2create View Post
    Thanks all!

Yeah would be nice to have him looking at some odd advert that would seem totally ridiculous from his pov. Didn't know that about dome lights. I'm only really getting the hdr probe for the reflections on him at the mo.

Here's a vid of that shot: https://vimeo.com/61207785 password: spaceman
    Nice, as usual. I can't make my mind up as to whether or not there was a little battery power left in the watch, or it's the little guy who assist in bringing it back to life.

Have to agree with djwaterman, there is nothing wrong with any of the stuff you are producing. I stated at the beginning my joy when you decided to bring it back into production and can't wait to see it finished.

Testing a make-shift camera rig for filming and environment capture. So people can walk past him and will still appear in reflections.

https://vimeo.com/61804432

Really nice subtle lighting in the latest scene. Limitless potential with the concept... Fascinating to see where you take it.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation and modelling WIP Croman
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast