Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Visiting

Visiting

Picking up a little projected I started with a spaceman exploring a city mixing using technique like match-moving, mocap, compositing etc to help me get a handle on the workflows involved.

I think I started a thread here a while ago but can't seem to see my posts before 2010, maybe they were purged or something. Here's two recent video:

https://vimeo.com/60463756 password: spaceman

https://vimeo.com/47442741

At the moment I'm working through different ways of getting passes out of lightwave as there seems to be a few odd things that happen with the compositing buffer export so am going to experiment with the DPont pixel filter stuff, which I have high hopes for
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

I love it! Those look really good. I like the softness to the lighting and the overall cheery style of the models and colors. Looking forward to seeing more!

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Whooo! Louis, you're going to finish 'Visiting'?

So happy. I thought the original concept was excellent and liked all of the storyboards, pre-shots, experiments. I think a major thread of yours was over on SQ, but that's been hacked and doesn't look like it will be returning any time soon.

Maybe a good idea to post links to all the other vids you made, so that newer viewers have some background.

Ricky.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Superb models and concept. Nicely animated too. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation and modelling WIP Croman
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Yes, would be great to see this finished! Vimeo is weird, even tho I entered the password I'm getting 'private' on this video, but clicked on Download and downloaded as .mp4....Anyway, I think there should be more reflection behind this little fella[picture behind him] rather than just the hologram reflection.

Thanks guys!

@Ricky, I'm going to make a definite attempt getting something finished

@50one, Yeah I'll turn up the reflection on the back of the spaceman a bit. I'm hoping to get usable passes out with the DPKit/Filters as it's been a bit of a hack so far.

Here's some past videos: https://vimeo.com/album/2278653
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

Love this little guy and I always look forward to more! :-)

Alas SQ is just plain dead, not hacked. With luck William might revive it, but it's a lot of work to resurect.

Why not go with shadow catcher for the reflections? Just curious. There is also a thread here regrding passport manager, you may want to check it out too

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Why not go with shadow catcher for the reflections? Just curious. There is also a thread here regrding passport manager, you may want to check it out too
    I've used shadow catcher, love that node! I used diffuse pass for some makeshift amb occ on the ground, just got into a little trouble with the hologram display thing effecting the materials with occlusion nodes and had to split the scene up a bit. Would like to get surface and material ID passes going as well, to add some localized glows in post but they don't seem to save out to files even though I see then in image viewer :S

Cool will check out the passport manager thread, thanks! Anyone played around with Janus? http://faulknermano.com/janus/

Quote Originally Posted by 2create View Post
    Cool will check out the passport manager thread, thanks! Anyone played around with Janus? http://faulknermano.com/janus/
    Thought that Janus was abandoned... One of the reasons why I stopped using LW for rendering and moved to modo was the lack of pass manager and various buffer export, but since there is the DP Filter and now Passport manager I might reconsider it, just need time to learn all the new stuff..

P.S
    After watching your videos on vimeo I decided to hack my GF1 and just bought adapter & canon 50mm f1.8 lens for it, gonna test it this weekend!

Love this project and your work so much. Super cool stuff.
    Matt Knott / VERSUS
    http://www.versus.nu

Love it. It looks so fun. I want to get started with match moving, but I'm still thinking of a good project to start out with.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....ullet-Test-WIP

Beautiful work and really well crafted animation - the springy spacecraft landing looks so authentic. Is the astronaut guy composited into the phone box or is that modelled too? If it's compositing, it's seamless, he really seems at home there. Looking forward to updates.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation and modelling WIP Croman
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Thanks guys, the background is all video with simple planes and shapes to catch shadows and reflections.

@50one, checked out passport manager, will definitely be giving that a go! Love the GF1, all the better with manual video and high bitrate after the hack

Just done a watch model for the spaceman to pick up in the next shot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8513032886_a0425390df_z.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	112037  

Haha! That was my first digital wrist watch!think I broke it after two weeks...Anyway, great shot, i would like to know something about your lightning techniques, are you using GI in your anims? Hdri on a ball and another blurred hdri for the GI?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast