Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks Lino!

My family and I thank you for the extra hours of life. This is a very cool couple of Lscripts. If spline god were still with us I am sure he would give you a huge pat on the back.
    The LW Beast From the East

Wow!
    These will be very handy.
    Thanks!!

Cheers Lino! These have come just at the right time
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Thank you Mr.Lino for these 'asked for ' quickly answered
    L scripts
    Well Done for your openess & fine interaction
    with your users.

Please a little thing, the scripts read 9.6 If might confuse
    naming them 11.5 would be cleaner.
    Please give'm a tab facility for G.M.M.lsc it will keep ' m
    happy.
    Wonderful Cust Service Grazi!
    Last edited by ianr; 02-16-2013 at 09:33 AM.

These plugins are pretty cool Lino. Is this ONLY useful for Genoma, or can you use it on any rig/item in Layout? As if it's the latter, then it's a bit of a misnomer to label it as a 'genoma' plugin

No you should be able to use them for non-Genoma stuff as well. I was using the Motion Manager on non-Genoma stuff yesterday.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

These are very nice additions. Thanks again to Lino !

Excellent add ons Lino.
    NOW CAN WE HAVE A SAVER FOR MOTIONS JUST FOR APPLYING ANIMATIONS TO EXISTING IDENTICAL RIGS.
    THANKS MAN.....
    KAKAROUNTAS KONSTANTINOS
    CREATIVE DIRECTOR ,VFX-CG SUPERVISOR
    DAHOUSE PRODUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by drako View Post
    Excellent add ons Lino.
    NOW CAN WE HAVE A SAVER FOR MOTIONS JUST FOR APPLYING ANIMATIONS TO EXISTING IDENTICAL RIGS.
    THANKS MAN.....
    We have that now. Just use Load Items from Scene and check Merge Only Motion Envelopes. This is how we get our mocap data from Motion Builder FBX onto existing Lightwave rigged characters (it works with .lws or .fbx source files.) This method, of course, depends entirely on the rigs being identical, however you can also keep any lightwave specific features in your existing rig (i.e., special weighting, controls, fiberFX guides, etc.) so long as the hierarchy isn't disrupted.

Alternatively, there is a pair of plug-ins at faulknermano's website for saving and loading all motions on a selection:

http://thespread.faulknermano.com/_t...read/index.htm

The plugin is called MultiMotionGN (v.2.0).

This method is still useful for many things but for characters the preferred method is the LFS MOME described above.

Hope this helps.

G.

Thank you all for the very positive feedback.

I've updated the Genoma Motion Manager (please download it and replace it) and added a new plugin (Add Genoma Motion) which can be used to open/close the Genoma Motion Manager Panel.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

Thanks, Lino for fantastic plugins! Really a time saver!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    We have that now. Just use Load Items from Scene and check Merge Only Motion Envelopes. This is how we get our mocap data from Motion Builder FBX onto existing Lightwave rigged characters (it works with .lws or .fbx source files.) This method, of course, depends entirely on the rigs being identical, however you can also keep any lightwave specific features in your existing rig (i.e., special weighting, controls, fiberFX guides, etc.) so long as the hierarchy isn't disrupted.
    Greenlaw, can you tell me more about this? I've never used this feature. It sure looks useful. The problem is I cannot load motions properly. It only loads items even if Merge Only Motion Envelopes is checked. What do I do wrong?

Cool stuff Lino... these look very nicely designed and easy to use!

Thanks very much!!!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

TurboSquid Models

Desk:
    HP Z800, Dual Xeon X5650@2.67ghz, 16GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB

Lap:
    Dell XPS 15, i7 840QM, 8GB RAM, 2GB Nvidia 435M

Quote Originally Posted by VermilionCat View Post
    Greenlaw, can you tell me more about this? I've never used this feature. It sure looks useful.
    Try it with a very simple rig first so you can see how it works, like a simple bone chain for example.

1. Save an un-posed version and then save a version with simple animation. Don't change any items names. The un-posed version is your target rig or the master scene you'll be using in renders--if this was a character, for example, this would only contain the T-Pose. The animated version will serve as the mocap data or motion from another character that shares this rig.

2. Open the un-posed version. Select the root object (i.e., the null or mesh that contains the bones.)

3. Select Load Items From Scene and choose the root of the object with the animated rig, that is, select only the root object that contains the bones. In other words, select the matching null or mesh that contains the bones.

4. Enabled Merge Only Motion Envelopes. Click OK.

Now, only the motion from the root object and bones in the animated scene will be imported and applied to the same items in the target rig scene.

If this doesn't work, you'll likely see another instance of the rig imported instead. This can happen when the rigs or selection doesn't match. Obviously, if you're importing from another character, there may be a problem if the the source's root items is named differently from the target's. In this case, you can temporarily change the name of your target's root to match the source or vice versa. If the root in the target file is a null, this is easy; if it's a mesh, you should do a Save As and use the same of the Source. After the motion transfer is complete, change the name back or replace the object in the target file with the correctly named one.

This procedure is meant for motion capture but really you can use it to transfer motions from a library of animations.

Now, it's very important to understand that this procedure only works for identically proportioned rigs and it is not the same as what's commonly called re-targeting. Proper re-targeting is a bit more sophisticated in that it can make adjustments to the source motion data to compensate for different body proportions in the target, preventing gross limb penetration and feet sliding issues. Motion Builder is one program that can properly re-target motion data but LightWave, unfortunately, does not.

To get mocap on characters in our Brudders shorts, for example, I use Motion Builder to transfer iPi Mocap Studio data captured from human proportioned performers to 'Charlie Brown' proportioned rigs--the result is mostly correct motion with no feet sliding. The parts of the motion that are wrong (like hands penetrating the gigantic character heads,) can be corrected in many apps with a little effort but correcting the feet sliding is a HUGE deal. Another program that can do this properly is the web-based Ikinema Webanimate; even iPi Mocap Studio can re-target but I use MB because the editing tools are not as robust there as in a dedicated animation program like Motion Builder. The output from these programs should be FBX, and once you have an FBX that matches the final rig in Lightwave, you can use LIFS MOME to get it onto your rigged character that has all the extra goodies (like fur, accessories, higher res, LightWave specific shaders, special controls, etc.)

An important FBX note: FBX can contain multiple Takes of motions for the character but unfortunately, Lightwave does not understand Takes. If you attempt to use LIFS MOME with a FBX file that contains more than one Take, you might only get the first frame of a motion take. To correct this, re-export your FBX to include only the Take you want for Lightwave.

Hope this helps.

G.
    Last edited by Greenlaw; 02-17-2013 at 12:32 PM.

I hope I didn't miss any steps--I wrote that from memory but the process really pretty simple once you've done it a few times.

I should be working with mocap tonight so I'll pay attention and update the above if I neglected something important.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast