Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Arnold render for Lightwave

Hello Folks,

Maybe some of you have seen a video that I have made about animated mandelbulbs that use Lightwave 11 as host app and Arnold as render engine. I want to say that yes, this video was rendered with Arndol using my own Arnold plugin, a project that I call LWtoA. I want to add some facts about it ...

- LWtoA is a custom plugin that integrate Arnold seamless inside Layout 11, with near all features suported by Arnold, including for example interactive rendering, all Arnold shading nodes, all Arnold lights, etc. The plugin is near to be features complete, and it is also near to be as complete as oficial Solid Angle plugin for Maya or Softtimage.

- LWtoA is a personal project, it is not developed by Solid Angle and they don't support it. Of course Solid Angle team is aware about the project, but LWtoA is a personal project not designed by Solid Angle. Please don't ask them about this project.

- LWtoA is not going to be available at the moment. It is going to be available when Arnold leaves the closed beta state, and of course at this point it will need a long beta testing stage. As you know Arnold is currently only available for big studios.

Have fun and feel free to ask any question about LWtoA ... remember that Arnold is in closed beta under NDA and I can't talk about any details of engine itself

https://vimeo.com/40443058
    https://vimeo.com/40720491
    https://vimeo.com/43833275
    https://vimeo.com/51129309

-Juanjo
    Last edited by juanjgon; 01-03-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    Juanjo Gonzalez
    Computer Graphics Software Developer

What is this? RealFlow with VPR inside of Lightwave. Looks Cool!!!
    Win 7 64, Core i7-3930 @ 4.2 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 680

http://www.ryste3d.com

This is awesome!

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    I don't think I'll every get to use Arnold, but I have to say Juan, that is some mighty impressive work and very fast renders. The Madelbulb is a crazy scene to follow and I love the coke can animation. What was the render time on the Madelbulb animation, if you don't mind me asking?

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Current WIP: Maracana Stadium Brazil

Edit....double post...

this happens a lot nowadays ???
    Last edited by m.d.; 01-03-2013 at 04:04 PM.

wow Jaun....

what are you on a personal crusade to fix all of lightwaves rendering options....

this is very impressive...and more important for the future of lightwave then even your octane plugin, as Arnold is becoming the major go to renderer for studios....

Nice work....if you have some spare time...why not integrate fluids into layout? Probably take you a weekend LOL

BTW arnold seems freaking fast....

Juan is LWs "RenderGod". Awesome stuff Juan, keep u the good work .
    www.lewis.tomsoft.hr
    Home WS i7 Dual Xeon E5-2690/64GB/Win8x64/3x780GTX
    Work WS-i7 3930K/32GB/Win7x64/660GTX

My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Just insane. I really like the nodal volume fog thingy's. The refelection blur and volumetric lights render so fast. Love it. I hope Arnold will be available for smaller studios soon.

Any idea when this plug would be available?
    I realize we would need to be in the Arnold beta....but if your plug is soon available there may be a lot of emails to solid angle...

They are a strange company....the way Arnold is(not) marketed....I have been following them for years.....patiently waiting

Even tho i think you've done stellar job here, I'm somehow pesimistic about Arnold as it's only available to big studios and there's no signs on the horizon that this will change soon if ever, but I'll keep an eye on your updates

Best,
    Simon
    Whoever changed my signature...Yo Mom is so fat when she get a cut she bleeds milkshakes.

Whoa....I wasn´t expecting this Juanjo. I´m speechless.
    I do have some questions. Regarding the amazing video on the other thread....how exactly did you manage to have 250 million points in LW? ..or is it Arnold that has a rendering-time point instancer a la Krakatoa?
    Also, now that you had some first-hand chance to compare both...how does Arnold perform compared to Lightwave native´s renderer? Where does it shine when compared to LW´s renderer in your opinion?
    3d animation? Hah! Did you take a look through your window?there´s plenty of it...and pre-rendered!!

what the heck is going on here !!! JUAN - this time arnold ??!
    holycow - look at this speed-
    and look at this PERSONAL project... !!!
    Last edited by tyrot; 01-03-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waves of light View Post
    I don't think I'll every get to use Arnold, but I have to say Juan, that is some mighty impressive work and very fast renders. The Madelbulb is a crazy scene to follow and I love the coke can animation. What was the render time on the Madelbulb animation, if you don't mind me asking?
    Each frame needs about 5 minutes to compute the mandelbulb object and perhaps 3 minutes to render it. But this animation is rendered at x8 speed (I average 8 images for each frame to avoid particle flikering in the mandelbulb animation process)

-Juanjo
    Juanjo Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Netvudu View Post
    Whoa....I wasn´t expecting this Juanjo. I´m speechless.
    I do have some questions. Regarding the amazing video on the other thread....how exactly did you manage to have 250 million points in LW? ..or is it Arnold that has a rendering-time point instancer a la Krakatoa?
    Also, now that you had some first-hand chance to compare both...how does Arnold perform compared to Lightwave native´s renderer? Where does it shine when compared to LW´s renderer in your opinion?
    Mandelbulb is an Arnold procedural object, it is a .dll procedural loaded and rendered at render time, particles never exist inside Layout itself, you can only see a cube with the bounding box of the procedural.

Arnold is a incredible brute force raytracer, designed for VFX and animation industry. It is very easy to setup, there is no complex parameters to adjust, only sampling level, and render always is clear without artifacts and of course doesn't need any kind of precomputation. It is fantastic

-Juanjo
    Juanjo Gonzalez

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast