Results 1 to 13 of 13
08-29-2012, 12:17 PM #1
2,000 FREE BVH MOTIONS for Poser, Daz 3D, and SecondLife.
Great News from Truebones!
Over 2,000 FREE BVH MOTIONS for Poser, Daz 3D, and SecondLife.
Click here to Download the resampled and retargeted CMU BVH files.
NEW CMU Ecstasy Motion BVH release v1.0,
last update June 27, 2012 by Chris Calef, BrokeAssGames LLC
Created using Ecstasy Motion.
These anims are a modification of the full set of 2600 motion capture
files initally released by Carnegie Mellon University, and since modified
by several people, ending with the Daz-friendly, hip-corrected set of files
This release further modifies the 2010 Hahne BVHs in the following ways:
1) Anims are resampled at 30 fps instead of the original 120 fps.
2) All unused node data has been dropped (fingers, eyes, buttocks).
3) All rotation data (in degrees) is expressed to only two decimal places rather than eight.
4) All anims have also been released as Torque DSQ files, using the Advanced Character Kit (Daz/Poser-friendly) skeleton by BrokeAss Games, LLC. (CMU_EcstasyMotion_DSQ.zip)
Taken together, these changes reduce the overall size of the library,
when unzipped, from 5.12 gigabytes down to 380 megs, and the lack of the finger and other unused node data may make import into certain applications go more smoothly.
We wish to express our sincere gratitude to the original Carnegie Mellon Universityfor releasing this data, and all the other individuals who have helped make it more usable by the average animator.
This conversion was created using Ecstasy Motion, an indie-friendly motion capture,physics and AI-driven animation engine available from BrokeAss Games, LLC.
Thanks and Cheers
08-29-2012, 01:34 PM #2
08-29-2012, 01:40 PM #3
08-29-2012, 01:42 PM #4
08-29-2012, 02:38 PM #5
08-29-2012, 05:30 PM #6
Larry, or shrox, or mrbones,
How do you use these things (in LightWave specifically)?
Somewhere, over the rainbow....
08-29-2012, 05:47 PM #7
...at least they are FREE. Since that's what Mr. Bones has said all mocap should be... FREE.
08-29-2012, 08:15 PM #8
Greg: The short answer is I do the following:
1.Load in the bvh file
2. Add IKB and save the motion file under the IKB menu
3. Strip off all the motion from the rig in the dopetrack
4. Make this my new default character rig and put it into my character by moving he gimbal bones into place on frame 0.
5. Select and rest all the bones.
6. Reload the motion file under the IKB menu.
08-30-2012, 01:19 AM #9
08-30-2012, 03:28 AM #10
08-30-2012, 03:51 AM #11
08-30-2012, 06:38 AM #12
08-30-2012, 11:13 AM #13
This is cool. Thanks. I like being able to search for the motion on AnimStreet and seeing a preview of it.VFX reel at www.rossmnewton.com