Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUB not working

Help HUB not working

Hello all. My hub stopped working. It's running but not sending obj to modeler or layout. The button to send to modeler is not showing up in layout and none of the buttons to open layout, send to layout or sync layout is working. I don't have a firewall or virus software running and the processes for the programs are working in the hub. I also tried deleting the configs but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

Not sure of your situation, except I noticed you are using a Mac. At the beginning of each LW upgrade, I use the Hub at first, but I invariably stow it in a different directory, and use a manual workflow between Modeler and Layout instead. On Mac (in my experience) the Hub causes instability, crashes, frustration, and a rise in my temperature and blood pressure. So I don't use it.

On PC, the Hub is a dream. I do wish it worked as well on Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStrik9 View Post
    Not sure of your situation, except I noticed you are using a Mac. At the beginning of each LW upgrade, I use the Hub at first, but I invariably stow it in a different directory, and use a manual workflow between Modeler and Layout instead. On Mac (in my experience) the Hub causes instability, crashes, frustration, and a rise in my temperature and blood pressure. So I don't use it.

On PC, the Hub is a dream. I do wish it worked as well on Mac.
    I've been using mac for the past 6 years along with LW and this is the 1st time it has stopped on me. I just reinstalled LW and all is fine now. Not sure what the problem was. Fingers crossed for bug free hub in the future.

Do you have multiple versions of LightWave installed? If so, you need to make sure you quit the hub before launching a different version, otherwise it tends to get confused with the result you experienced. Usually reinstalling is not necessary (and often won't help), merely deleting the Hub Preferences file will sort things out.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    FX-8350 x8 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti (331.58) with 1344 CUDA cores, 16GB RAM
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97) with 192 CUDA cores, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 10.9 Mavericks

I do have multiple versions. I usually have the 32 and 64 bit versions of both installed along with different releases (9.6, 10.1, 11). It has been that way for a long time. I've had trouble and, typically (as you suggested) closing all versions and deleting the hub configs does the trick. However this time that did not work. The only thing I could get to work was reinstalling.
    LW11 did crash on me before all of this started, although it didn't start immediately after the crash.

Another LW mystery.

Hmmm,

Hum HUB suddenly stopped working for me this morning as well. Win7, 84-bit. LW 10.1 Did the "usual" orderly delete config files, but no help.

Only thing semi out of the ordinary was a routine update waiting for me this AM for something Adobe.... Flash I think. Done that update dozens of times over the years and think nothing of it & never had any problem.

I just performed an uninstall/re-install of 10.1 and same issue. Launch either Modeler or Layout and get the error message that HUB has stopped working. Searching for a solution option is futile, close program exits Hub so at least I can limp along that way.

I can't even start HUB on it's own.

I'm sure if this is happening to enough folk it'll catch some attention.

M.

Sounds a lot like me, except I could start the hub. It just wouldn't communicate between the two apps. I had to reinstall LW11.

I've always wondered why there wasn't an option to close the HUB ASAP after exiting LW. I usually use the x64 version, but sometimes need a 32 bit plugin, and it's so easy to forget to exit the HUB in switching. The lowest value for automatic HUB shutdown is 1 minute.
    Lightwave 9.61 Build 1555, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, AMD FX-8350, Kuhler h2o 920 cooling, 16 GB sys mem, EVGA GeForce GTX 760 OC

Driver 344.11 (9/12014) Rosewill Bronze 1000w PS

Quote Originally Posted by jaf View Post
    I've always wondered why there wasn't an option to close the HUB ASAP after exiting LW. I usually use the x64 version, but sometimes need a 32 bit plugin, and it's so easy to forget to exit the HUB in switching. The lowest value for automatic HUB shutdown is 1 minute.
    good point. Feature request it! I thought there was one, but it is never thru and hour.

I think it happened when I switched from 64bit to 32bit also.

Theres actually no real reason why the 64bit hub can't work with the 32 bit modeller/layout since they dont directly hook into each other (in the way a DLL file would for example).

They simply talk to each other via tcp/ip (like a client/server application).
    uh wha?

Stopped for me too (for a couple of days), now its working again?? (Win 7 64)

I got to Go I got to Go.. zapper1998's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    my hub crashes...
    Intel Core i7-980, OC 4.7ghz water cooled 12 threads
    Gigabyte x58-UD3R with an Intell SSD 180GIG
    RamCorsair-DDR3-1600-32GIG
    Nvidia GTX-560x2
    4xEnterprise/WDVelociRaptorŪ300gig

I had my Hub screwed up some week ago.
    clearing configs didnīt work, had to reinstall Lightwave 11 build 2238-64 bit again.

I had installed ozone6 and the issue with the hub crashing started after that, but I can not say for sure if thatīs the cause of it.

I couldnīt start modeler without the hub going "the hub has stopped working" etc..and had to close it, and same for layout, but I could close the hub and continue to work with layout and modeler, but not connection inbetween.

Same pattern here. There was yet another Flash player update this morning, but that didn't help the HUB situation.

Obviously someones not playing nicely. Only other thing I can think of only other thing I can thing of is having purchased a game that has an online component to it (Steam) even though it's a single player game. I tried simply exiting that but again no change with the HUB problem.

M.

For what it's worth, I managed to get HUB working again.

Not sure what exactly corrected the problem but I did two things. First, disabled the launching of the On-line game utility thinking that it was interfering with HUB's access somehow although I've no idea how to actually diagnose that. Simply disabling & restarting didn't do the trick though.

2nd, I used a Registry utility to repair & defrag and think that fixed the issue for now.

Your mileage may vary.

M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast