Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Obviosuly i don't have access to the 855 or to Newtek's app yet, but I've been told by Newtek unofficial channels that their app's functionality won't be as comprenhensive as TCXD Audiomixer, and both will be able to co-exist.

I'm currently supporting TCXD300, 450, 450EX, 850 and 850EX. The upcoming 855 and 455 should work too, but it is untested yet.

The timing of the announcement of NewTek's own audio app is a bit unfortunate in light of this release, but the truth is it's been in development for quite awhile, word was already out in some circles, and backing away from it really wasn't an option. I'll agree, though, that it appears to me too that there is certainly room for both. We're very pleased to have such splendid third-party support.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    The timing of the announcement of NewTek's own audio app is a bit unfortunate in light of this release, but the truth is it's been in development for quite awhile, word was already out in some circles, and backing away from it really wasn't an option. I'll agree, though, that it appears to me too that there is certainly room for both. We're very pleased to have such splendid third-party support.
    Totally understandable, the lack of audio control over the Tricaster was a huge problem, and the feature request was out there since a long time ago.

I developed my app for in-house use and released it b/c i thought it would be useful for many people.. That said, the sooner the specifications of Newtek's app are out, the better for everyone, so people can make an informed decision and I can improve mine to further differentiate it!

I'll accept a TC 8000 as a compensatory gift, though

Having laid eyeballs on the Newtek app I still think you have a significant edge on them.

Todd
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TCXD 860
    Controller: TCXD855 CS
    Cameras: Sony PMW-EX14
    Mixer: Mackie ONYX 1620i
    Skype Setup: SkypeSarus

Any news on when the information will be made public?

Nacho, cool app. Does it works with the Studio? I guess that the answer is no, but just wonder if you have plans to make it compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by lgrijander View Post
    Nacho, cool app. Does it works with the Studio? I guess that the answer is no, but just wonder if you have plans to make it compatible.
    My app depends directly on the Tricaster Remote SDK which is currently unavailable in the SD Tricasters. If Newtek implements it, i'll gladly support it, but it does not seem probable.

Just used this app on a job and in my opinion it's a must have bit of kit on the operators desk. Hey Nacho if can produce a app with basic video switching I would buy that as well.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by digiview View Post
    Just used this app on a job and in my opinion it's a must have bit of kit on the operators desk. Hey Nacho if can produce a app with basic video switching I would buy that as well.
    Cheers
    Thanks for the input! All reviews have been awesome, It's great to have so much positive feedback

I do accept customized projects so if you need something catered specifically to your needs, sketch it and I'll be glad to send you a personalized budget.

Cheers,
    Nacho

Program for other formats?

Nacho the iPad is very small.
    Is there any change of porting your app to the new Samsung series 7 slate?
    It has a gorilla glass surface and appears to be awesome for category.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bunh6Htdxj4

Quote Originally Posted by digiview View Post
    Hey Nacho if can produce a app with basic video switching I would buy that as well.
    Cheers
    I second that.. When we do long shows 10 hours at a shot, it would be nice to let the tricaster go eat and let the host switch..
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeekNews View Post
    I second that.. When we do long shows 10 hours at a shot, it would be nice to let the tricaster go eat and let the host switch..
    What model Tricaster do you have? Mine doesn't need to eat... I tried cramming a slice of pizza into one of the drive bays once. I don't recommend it.
    Zach Schuster
    CGStatLink- StatCrew to CG Tools
    Stream Powered Productions, LLC
    Tricaster 855/455
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

Quote Originally Posted by ZachSchuster View Post
    What model Tricaster do you have? Mine doesn't need to eat... I tried cramming a slice of pizza into one of the drive bays once. I don't recommend it.
    Well you know it has to go out and get a special electric power up. Great Typo ehh.. Yea meant to say the Tricaster Operator.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    geeknews@gmail.com

I've been designing a new app that might suit your needs.. We also do 10 hours show, so having a remote control (and routing the multiview monitor to a TV in the bathroom) sounds like a great idea. The Tricaster might not need to pee, but our operators sure do

If all goes ok with apple aproval process, i think i'll be out at the end of this month, or early july.

About porting to Android: I'm not against it, but the market is not big enough right now to justify the costs involved, my developments are mainly for in-house use, and we own iPads. If i sense a huge interest on it, a Android version could come out, but since you can buy an iPad 1 for 200 bucks, i guess is not that important anymore..

Very interested!

I have an iPad but I currently use an external mixer with my Tricaster XD300 because the XD300 did not have enough audio inputs for my needs. The external Mixer I use, Presonus Studiolive, actually has an iPad app to control the audio mixer as well which has come in handy. I could use an external application for the video switching on my iPad for sure when I have to step away from my LC11

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast