Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register

Livestream.com encoding issue

Hi,

I had recently did a live stream where tricaster was pushing out to our livestream premium account we had. After the event was over I was checking the backend recording that livestream was doing. I had trouble opening the files. I downloaded as MP4 but FCP couldn't read the files. When I called Livestream support they said it was an issue with the encoder in tricaster. Anyone else had this issue?

Many Thanks!

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    You downloaded from your LiveStream account web page?
    Or do you mean the file recorded on your TriCaster?
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by rsg426 View Post
    Hi,

I had recently did a live stream where tricaster was pushing out to our livestream premium account we had. After the event was over I was checking the backend recording that livestream was doing. I had trouble opening the files. I downloaded as MP4 but FCP couldn't read the files. When I called Livestream support they said it was an issue with the encoder in tricaster. Anyone else had this issue?

Many Thanks!
    I see exactly what you're asking, Jose. If Livestream was doing the recording, what does that have to do with how the TriCaster is encoding? It doesn't make sense on its face, but dig deeper and you realize that Livestream isn't recording anything, but merely saving the stream you're sending it from your encoder. Let's see what the OP says.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Livestream Metadata

This is an issue I run into far to often. The challenge is the stream has a ton of metadata that doesn't allow the video to show up in almost any editor. While I know the program record off the tricaster is better quality for what I need it for the livestream version actually works out better for me?

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Actually this would be different. If LiveStream is capturing the exact stream being sent from the TriCaster, it is a FMLE fractured moof atom f4v file. This file is designed to be sent from a Flash Media Server.
    On the XD line of TriCasters, the f4v is converted to a single moof atom f4v file after you finish the stream and click on yes to save the recording. You need to wait for it to convert it to be able to use it.
    On SD TriCasters you need to manually convert the fractured moof atom file to a single using Adobe converter (Steve correct me if I am wrong please).
    I have spoken to this many times on the forum so if you do a search on fractured moof atom, you should be able to find more info easily.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Consultant
    Jose is dead on regarding bswann. I share his confusion on what exactly the OP means though.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

What I think the OP and I were talking about is the recordings that are done on the Livestream.com side. Not the Tricaster side. The Tricaster recordings are fine to work with.

Consultant
    Okay. In that case I can't vouch for the server-side copy of the stream. You will notice, if you've been using Livestream.com premium long enough, that their contract terms have changed regarding the on-server recording pretty much disclaiming its ability to function properly. This may change in the future, but I couldn't recommend server-side recordings on Livestream.com at present for any professional application.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

This was from the livestream site, in their studio product.
    After speaking with livestream again, they said it is most likely due to a bad internet connection which messed up the encoding that was happening to the server. In most cases I do not use the livestream file but I really needed.