Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register

425 Importing Edited Video Clips

I recently was on a show where I needed to import many video clips into my 425 to play back during specific times in the event. I rendered all of my clips out as 1280X720 HD MPEG2 files out of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. The 425 Project was a 720p Project. I then transferred my clips from a flash drive to the 3play 425 and used the import media to bring them in to my project.
    Some clips would stutter a little bit (most noticeable on lower third crawls), and video clips with audio would have some of the audio drop out at random times. I checked the original files on my laptop and they all played smoothly. I re-rendered the video clips with audio in Adobe Premiere CS5 as H.264 files, reconverted them using the import media and they then played all the audio fine with no drop outs.
    Any suggestions on the best file type to render to straight out of Adobe CS5 before importing it into the 3Play?
    James Churchill Lynch Jr.

I'd like to have a look at an example file of the type that stuttered. Could you send me a PM with contact details if that's a possibility?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Updating this topic: we received the example clip and have been able to replicate a transcoding issue on 3Play. Probably best to avoid this format, pending further news. Thanks very much for reporting it (and supplying the sample)!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

What file format do you think I should render to for best playback results in the 3Play?
    James Churchill Lynch Jr.

Well, actually, up until now I might have recommended just what you had done. Since h.264 is working ok, I'd probably suggest staying with that for now. Note that this appears to be a transcoding problem of some sort - i.e., the transcoder is handling your h.264 file properly, but is glitching on the MPEG2 ... not sure why at this time, but I expect this bug will be squashed in an upcoming release.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    With help from jmslynchjr we were able to track down and identify the problem.
    The next 3Play update released will include the fix for this.

Thank you for your assistance,

Hint: As is our practice now, updates are released first on the "download" page in your personal registration section of the website. These are not immediately linked to the Update feature in the 3Play Startup screen. So if you want to try this out, you must grab the installer from "downloads".
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit