Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register

Where can I get an RS-8 driver?

Hi! I'm new at my job and am working on a VT5 machine running Windows Vista. I found an RS-8 in a locker somewhere and have been using it with great success for a few months. Now the computer tells me that it's an "unknown device". I've hunted the forums here but haven't found a way to locate the driver to force Windows to recognize this device. I have VT4 and VT5 disks but don't see anything specifically for the RS-8.

Is the driver for this unit available for download? I have read that many people have had their RS-8's die on them multiple times. I'm not sure that's the case just yet. I've added a powered USB hub and all that, but for some reason it just isn't recognized. This machine ate a DLL or two a while back, so perhaps that's what happened here.

I also looked for a Drivers folder in any of the VT directories, but came up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Clint F

In the c:\program files\newtek\VT5 folder there should be RS-8 driver folder.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC 855, TC 40, 3Play 4800, TC8000

Thanks for the quick reply Nope...sadly, there's no RS-8 driver folder. I see a bunch of .dll's floating around in that directory, but nothing with RS-8 in the title. This machine received a fresh install back in April but I didn't perform it. It had been upgraded from VT4 to VT5 previously.

Is there a download available?

Cf

I got this squared away today. I installed the 5.3 update, which DID put the "RS-8 Drivers" folder where it should be. I then had to reboot a couple of times but things came up properly and the switcher is working normally.

How it worked in the first place is beyond my comprehension.

Cf

RS-8 and VT(5) 5.3 update

I am having same issue...
    how or where do I go to get the VT 5.3 update?