Thread: Abiogenesis : Interview with Richard Mans

Abiogenesis : Interview with Richard Mans

The Article is HERE if you're interested in knowing a little about Richard and this great production. I really must thank artist Richard Mans for letting me ask him a collection of questions about where he came from, and where he's going after Abiogenesis.

If you didn't realise, this very sweet short animated film is about to hit the film festival circuit this month, starting in London.

I know Richard hangs out on the forums once-in-a-while, maybe he'll pop on in here and say hello next time he's around these parts...
    Last edited by kevman3d; 09-09-2011 at 11:26 PM.
    -- --
    100 Days challenge 2014 : 800 Bits

Personal Blog :Personal Blog
    NZLWUG : Facebook / Blog
    -- --

Very interesting article. Thanks.

Good stuff excellent read

I've seen this, it's awesome, amazing what one man with talent can do in LightWave.
    LightWave UX Designer
    LightWave 3D Group
    A Division of NewTek Inc.

"Beautiful things are easier to use" - Don Norman

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Kudos to Kevman3d for doing such a nice job of peppering links throughout the article. Appreciated!
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

What Matt said...

If you're about London, Spain or Hong Kong later this year then I suggest checking it out...

Its bound to be mind-blowingly awesome on a big screen with big sound... You might even catch up with Richard on your travels as I know he's planning on being at the first two European events.
    -- --

-- --

Quote Originally Posted by kevman3d View Post
    What Matt said...

If you're about London, Spain or Hong Kong later this year then I suggest checking it out...

Its bound to be mind-blowingly awesome on a big screen with big sound... You might even catch up with Richard on your travels as I know he's planning on being at the first two European events.
    if he hits Glasgow , let me know I have a contact which runs a cinema out this direction , that specialize in indie film ..

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    if he hits Glasgow , let me know I have a contact which runs a cinema out this direction , that specialize in indie film ..
    kool, let me know if you've a festival or something in mind http://www.abiogenesisfilm.com/Contact.html

Thanks guys for your comments, and thanks Kevman for the opportunity to answer some questions on my film. Article looks great

If any fellow LightWaver's are able to make it to my London screening (Thursday 29 September 2pm at the Apollo Cinema in Piccadilly Circus, London), I'll be attending the screening so make sure you say hi (I'll be that skinny bald guy with the Abiogenesis T-Shirt).

Edinburgh fringe would be a great source ,I think any artist is eligible to enter there content , ill get more details or just Google it for yourself ...in Glasgow I was thinking Glasgow film theatre , good place infact there is lots of places that deal with indie /animation ...again congrats on London

If you've got a Facebook account, you might wanna go and check out the Abiogenesis page there. I see that this has started to get busier with various snippets of info, links to more articles and a few dates/times when its going to play.

The page is HERE.

So, is anybody on the forums here going to be in London and pop along to meet up with Richard? Isn't there a London LWUG?
    -- --

-- --

Big thanks to the guys from the London LightWave User group http://www.londonlightwave.org.uk who came to the Abiogenesis screening at Raindance last week. Was really great to see them there!