I would like to start some minor tips and tricks with working in a LW/Unity pipeline.
I'm sure some of you might know these already, but just some things I'm discovering working between the two.
- Unity doesn't see the top of the Hierarchy name (a Null)
- For some reason the "topnode" Null doesn't show up in Unity as the Null name. It is the name given to the FBX file. My work around is just add another "topenode" Null then the one below will show it will show up in Unity.
- (Update) The topnode does show up if you do export camera and lights(weird)
- Cameras and Lights only show as unity nulls Looks like it only takes points and distant as far as types (but in Unity they are not lights or cameras, just empty unity nulls)
- No weights required to deform mesh in Unity. The LW default skinning falloff transfers fine in Unity.
- Z Axis is opposite in Unity. If you postion something on the postive Z it will be on the negative Z in Unity.
- Nulls do not show up if they are not apart of the hierarchy of an object. Even if they are children of an object they are a no show in unity. (unless an object is a child)
- Items cannot have a scale of "zero" for animation, the animation won't work correctly in Unity.
- Unity scale FBX default is 0.01 (I usually change it to 1.0 to match 1 meter in LW)