Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register

Help Sports Score Graphic

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I need to create a scoreboard that I can update during the sporting event. All I want to put in is team names and score for both and period/quarter. I was playing around on the graphics system and did it but not sure how and then it stopped working. Can anyone help or give me a resource to look at?

Example and I would be able to change everything, during the game I would be able to change the score as a team scores:

Texas 22 Utah 23 1st Quarter

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    You should invest in LT2 and Kris Gurrads score board skin
    http://www.krisgurrad.com/LT_scoreboards.html
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

I do this on the fly for my score bug in the high school football games I produce. I made a score bug background, which is basically frames with borders for the separate items, in Photoshop. I imported it as an image with alpha into my Tricaster Broadcast. I went to the built-in titler for the Tricaster and set a font size, position and style for the bug and added some bogus info and saved it. When a new game starts I call up the score bug and change the info to suit and update it throughout the game. I insert it with the title fade-up or down or title cut on or off. You can see a sample on cwwestexas.com. Select a game from 2009 or 2010. (Just play the current game).

You can use this method without any extra expense and can make the backgrounds to suit. Since I post the games for broadcast using Final Cut, I build the score boards in Final cut during post-production because I can use flashy transitions and animation but they have to be rendered.. I didn't want to have to render the score bug by building it in post so I decided to do it live in the Tricaster.

If you view the current game I'd like to say that because of travel and bad weather we shot it using only two cameras rather than our typical 4 cameras. Also the stadium was NOT set up for TV. We were having to work from the visitors side.

Thanks bbailey!!! How did you do your slow-mo replay? Did you buy the slow-mo playback from Tricaster?

No, I had already been using a DVCAM deck with a Panasonic slo-mo controller to do replays before i got the Tricaster. I liked being able to freeze a shot before playing the clip and ending with a freeze before transitioning back to live and the Tricaster won't freeze without jitter from the odd and even fields. We tested it and asked Steve at Newtek to test the freeze and we both came to the same conclusion...the freeze jitters. I don't know about 3-Play, whether it can freeze without jitter or not.

So I still use the DVCAM DSR-1500A for replay.

Besides, I record to an AJA KI Pro and use the Tricaster's internal drive as a backup recording. With that I couldn't use a DDR for playback.

I'm looking into upgrading both my XD300 and Tricaster Broadcast for an 850 but it's not at the top of my list, yet.

Thanks again for the info.