Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Character_concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Still working at it.

I would proudly hang that image on my wall " AWESOME " image !

the first thing I thought of was the devil in "night on bald mountain". I cannot wait to see that finished, the colors are just WOW !

Thanks OnlineRender

Sampei you keep throwing me curved balls It is finished. I wanted to keep it loose as I feel it adds to the energy of it. It is sometmes hard to know when to stop painting.
    I love Ian Mcaigs answer to that, he says, " I know when I should have stopped painting, 5 mins before Ive ruined it"
    Maybe you thought when I said "still working at it" I was refering to the image posted. What I did mean was I was still working at drawing and painting overall.
    Thanks for your continued interest in my work, much appreciated.
    More to come.
    Trevor Smith
    Gallery

A new character. The first is a charcoal sketch, I saw something I liked so I took a photo and brought it into photoshop to work on.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

Demon concept.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

yes I thought that with "still working at it" you meant it was a WIP. I'm italian so many times I misread, o misunderstand...I guess I should read more carefully..
    But back to the painting, in all honesty I didn't and don't think it needs any more work at all. It's perfect.
    anyway thank you sir for posting these wonderful creations, I personally find them really inspiring and they help me in finding the drive to continue my formal art training
    oh and love the demon concept, he looks so gentle but yet so strong...I hope to see more of him.

Thankyou Sampei, good luck with your art training.
    An update on this guy. I reversed the composition because I felt it was stronger this way.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

I have been stufying quadrapeds and came up with this guy. Ths was alot of fun to play with different markings.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

I love that guy.
    also, Trevor are you creating a huge story? all these fabuolous creatures and characters could have the potential of being part of the same universe...uh I've just watched the nevereding story again and that always gets me in a creative mood
    oh and excellent fur and pose on the quadruped!

Thanks Sampei.

I do often wonder the same thing myself I just like creating creatures and characters, im not much of a writer. I do have fleeting ideas of themes or backstory to my work, it helps bring them alive. For the most part though its a visual exploration thing for me.

Im still playing around with creature concepts at the moment.
    Here is a graphite rendering I did today. I plan to paint this in photoshop or corel painter.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

Update on this guy.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

Couple of new characters. First is a fantasy based character that seems to be fitting of my style. Painted from the thumbnail sketch in the very first page of this thread.

The second character is a return to 3d somewhat. Have to keep my hand in Base mesh modeled from Lightwave then over to zbrush then finished in photoshop.
    The first in the row is straight from zbrush, the second is painted in photoshop from that base render. The third is the same workflow with an alternative direction in terms of colour scheme and skin texture.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

I had the opportunity to go to a 17th century civil war renactment recently. I came away with some great reference pics for costumes, from which I painted up this guy.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

Some quick character sketches.

Trevor Smith
    Gallery

I've enjoyed looking at all these - they are great, but I really like the Civil War pikeman.

Julian.
    LW 2015.3 Win 10 Pro 64bit

http://www.take27.co.uk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast