Thread: Data Link and Colorado Time Systems

Data Link and Colorado Time Systems

I am in need of a running clock linked ot the starting system of a colorado timing system used for swimming. I have the following questions?

1. Shoudl this work? They use the same formula that daktronics does.
    2. Is there a way I can test the Datalink before I drop $1000 so I can guarentee it works.
    3. Is there another program that can take a simple coreboard style data feed and allow me to get the data I need onto a screen formatted and import keyed via IVGA my preferred method if datalink is not an option
    4. I need any solutions to be automatic and based upon the accurate running time of the swim.

I am using the Broadcast model tricaster and also have the HD model coming in.

Thanks for the help!

-Chris

Can anybody help me on this? If not send me in the right direction please!

Chris, Probably you best bet on this is to look up how the system is outputting the data, ( you said " They use the same formula as the Daktronics" but you'll need really specific information ), then contact NewTek Tech Support on this one. They have more experience with which kind of data DataLink plays well with. As we've discussed, I've only ever really messed around with the SqL database functions.

Bob Anderson

Did you ever get this working?

I am currently working on integrating a Colorado System6 to LiveText for a coming meet that we are streaming. Did you ever get this working? Do you have a info you will share? My current plan is to parse the data thru Excel and into the text watch folder....

Quote Originally Posted by chrislundie View Post
    I am in need of a running clock linked ot the starting system of a colorado timing system used for swimming. I have the following questions?

1. Shoudl this work? They use the same formula that daktronics does.
    2. Is there a way I can test the Datalink before I drop $1000 so I can guarentee it works.
    3. Is there another program that can take a simple coreboard style data feed and allow me to get the data I need onto a screen formatted and import keyed via IVGA my preferred method if datalink is not an option
    4. I need any solutions to be automatic and based upon the accurate running time of the swim.

I am using the Broadcast model tricaster and also have the HD model coming in.

Thanks for the help!

-Chris

Has anyone had luck using Colorado with LiveText?

Quote Originally Posted by VFXMKR View Post
    I am currently working on integrating a Colorado System6 to LiveText for a coming meet that we are streaming. Did you ever get this working? Do you have a info you will share? My current plan is to parse the data thru Excel and into the text watch folder....

Any luck getting this to work with LiveText? Were you able to get any data from a Colorado Timing System into a broadcast?

contact graphics outfitters. rich foley should be able to help you out.
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]