Whats latest Mac OS working with LW ?

jhinky1986

Ok guys and gals. Who has got their mac running Monterey and LW at the same time with no issues? What version on LW are you using?

I can't get LW 2018 to work with any newer OS past Catalena. So I a looking to Upgrade to LW 2020 If it works on Monterey.

I have not had LW2020 properly installed fail to run on any version of MacOS as of April 2023.

I have upgraded to M1 hardware and have the latest versions installed of the OS.
I did have some python errors, but reinstalled Python and then LW202 has it running just fine.

I have installed Lightwave 2020 trial on16" MacBook Pro i9 from 2019 and it's running fine. LW 2018 stoped working properly and gives blank sub menus(( Before I had MacOS Mojave and Lightwave 2015, 2018 and 2020 was running flawlessly

Can LW 2015 run on Mojave?
I have Trash can running Mojave due to Adobe CS6. I heard that it need to be LW2018 to run on Mojave. SO, I have LW2018 (the highest version I have) on this machine. The viewport is kind of delayed a bit, maybe a couple second. It seems to be minimum, but if you get delayed a couple second on everyone thing you do, it can be horrible experience.
If LW2015 can run on Mojave, I would roll back to LW2015.

LW2015 does run in Mojave.....however a great number of the buttons just show a black square, with no text.
If you can work with just kb shortcuts you could use it, otherwise not, you would need High Sierra.

LW2015 does run in Mojave.....however a great number of the buttons just show a black square, with no text.
If you can work with just kb shortcuts you could use it, otherwise not, you would need High Sierra.
Thanks Markc, I would love to down grade to High Sierra. Unfortunately, the trash can has GPU issue with High Sierra. Also, activate CS6 is not easy, since Adobe had no longer support it. I might upgrade to 2020, and hope it will be better or work OK with Apple silicon. But I would wait a bit and see what direction the new team is taking toward.

Back