VSE standalone licence question

RALF

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I didn't know better!

We have Tricaster Mini Advanced Edition. There are two virtual set editors installed: VSE 2.5 and VSE 2 advanced edition. I would like to use the VSE AE on a separate computer to facilitate experimenting with virtual sets.

In the download area I see that I can download VSE, but is it suited for a standalone PC?
And what about licensing? My invoice says I have bought a "single licence" for VSE AE together with the TC AE upgrade. Do I have to buy a second licence for the standalone use or can I transfer the license from the TC to the standalone PC?

Thanks in advance for pointing me into the right direction...

Cheers, RALF

PS: I forgot to ask if I will gain speed / flexibility in the editing process at all. In case I have the VSE working on a separate machine, will I be able to export rendered sets to the tricaster without exiting the TC's live mode? (BTW: both machines are on the same network and do already share resources.)

Locate the box the VSE cane in or the card which should have two serial numbers. One you used on your TriCaster MINI. The other is used on a stand alone computer.
You gain the ability to not have to run back and forth to the TriCaster to compile the virtual set in TriCaster VSE. This alone will save you a lot of time

Tip;
Use the Installer feature once your Virtual set is completed. If you are only using for your company, then in the Company field type in the name you want to group the virtual set into. Example Weather sets or Morning News. Now move installer exe to your TriCaster and install. When you search in Live to load the set in, the company field becomes the folder name to organize your sets

Other thing I forgot is you also get stand alone ASC on your external computer :)

Thank you very much for the info, Jose, and sorry for the late reply. I had other projects runnig in Dec and am getting back to Tricaster again the next days/weeks.

Hello,

I have reinstalled my computer and must also reinstall the VSE. I have 2 serial numbers. How do I find out with what the Tricaster we are using and which one is for the standalon version? Do I have to install the version 2.5 first and then update to the advanced version or can I immediately install the advanced version.

Hartmut

They are both stand alone versions.
GO here and login: register.newtek.com
And go to My Products and it will show you what software and hardware you have registered and the associated serial numbers.
If you haven't done it yet, register an account.

Back