VMC1 Genlock

Meekel

I've got an open ticket with our supplier but wondering if anyone has a similar experience or issue.

The VMC1 only appears to accept a reference of the same resolution and frame rate as the session it is running (ie. 1080p59.94 ref with a 1080p59.94 session on the VMC)

The issue is that EVS XT3 doesn't support 1080p59.94 as a reference, but will happily support anything with the same number of fields ie 1080i59.94 (So a 1080i59.94 ref with EVS configured to 1080p59.94). Our cameras are in a similar situation.

So when we're in a full 1080p59.94 setup, I can only then reference the VMC1 or our EVS XT3's.

Anyone have a solution at all?

I just put in a request on this question as it doesn't sound right to me. Genlock is an analog signal and there isn't any analog 1080p59.94 video frame rate that can be generated that I'm aware of. I would expect that any matching tri-sync video framerate would work, but I do not have the gear available to me to test this myself.

I just put in a request on this question as it doesn't sound right to me. Genlock is an analog signal and there isn't any analog 1080p59.94 video frame rate that can be generated that I'm aware of. I would expect that any matching tri-sync video framerate would work, but I do not have the gear available to me to test this myself.

Thanks Kane. I think there's already a request in, but just wanted to see if anyone knew about a workaround in the meantime.

I'm told that in a 1080p59.94 session, standard blackburst (bi-level) is what is needed for a genlock source.

I'm told that in a 1080p59.94 session, standard blackburst (bi-level) is what is needed for a genlock source.

Can confirm this works. Only issue is plugging in the genlock when a session is open doesn't automatically sync up the output.

For example, if you have vertical shift on outputs of an I/O module and plug in a reference, it syncs up the lines automatically. On the VMC1 you need to restart the session to do this.

Back