VMC 16 and 44

kteare

A few questions:

1. Is this pure software on any hardware?
2. Is it 100% cloud or local executable or both?
3. Can a Mac be the base hardware?
4. When will it be available?
5. What will the price be?
6. Can subscriptions be fractional - i.e, bu the day, week, month etc, or only annual?
7. Is there any compromise choosing these as opposed to the Hardware VMC1?
8. is the manual available yet?

I'll answer what I know at this point.

1. It is all software, NDI in and NDI out. You can add a 2S or 4S control surface.
2. It is deigned non-virtualized operation right now, but this if the first step in heading to virtualized/cloud. I'm not aware of anything stopping you from installing in these environments, but that configuration isn't supported.
3. It runs on Windows 10 with an nVidia GPU.
4. I don't have a release date, but I think it should be available soon.
5. Contact your NewTek reseller or rep for pricing.
6. Monthly is the smallest fraction.
7. It is the same software capabilities as found in a VMC system (at least if you are comparing the VMC-44 option, the VMC-16 has fewer inputs and M/E's).
8. Not a specific one, but the VMC manual is available for the software features.

Thank You

I'll answer what I know at this point.

1. It is all software, NDI in and NDI out. You can add a 2S or 4S control surface.
2. It is deigned non-virtualized operation right now, but this if the first step in heading to virtualized/cloud. I'm not aware of anything stopping you from installing in these environments, but that configuration isn't supported.
3. It runs on Windows 10 with an nVidia GPU.
4. I don't have a release date, but I think it should be available soon.
5. Contact your NewTek reseller or rep for pricing.
6. Monthly is the smallest fraction.
7. It is the same software capabilities as found in a VMC system (at least if you are comparing the VMC-44 option, the VMC-16 has fewer inputs and M/E's).
8. Not a specific one, but the VMC manual is available for the software features.

Appreciate your answers

Where are these products? Googling gives me eg. this link (https://www.newtek.com/vmc/16/tech-specs/), but it redirects to the VMC1 pages.

Has this something to do with the VizRT takeover? They are now offering 'Vectar' (the VMC1 in their colors), and they also seem to offer a smaller switcher. Are these the VMC16/44's?

Just got asked to run one of these VMC1 boxes.... Not familiar.... I own a 860
so wonder how much different the interface is.

Looking at the NEWTEK site it says its an all software solution but then shows a box with the inputs in back... Assuming SDI?
On a chat he said it was $40K. seems like a lot for an all software solution ???
Slightly confused.

Just got asked to run one of these VMC1 boxes.... Not familiar.... I own a 860
so wonder how much different the interface is.

Looking at the NEWTEK site it says its an all software solution but then shows a box with the inputs in back... Assuming SDI?
On a chat he said it was $40K. seems like a lot for an all software solution ???
Slightly confused.

This is the VMC1 hardware. Operation wise, if your 860 is running Advanced Edition 3 software, you would find them very similar. The farther away from AE3 software, the more differences you will find. But even AE2 will be pretty similar.

vmc1

This is the VMC1 hardware. Operation wise, if your 860 is running Advanced Edition 3 software, you would find them very similar. The farther away from AE3 software, the more differences you will find. But even AE2 will be pretty similar.

So there is a hardware and software version of vmc1???

Guess I am out of luck since my 860 is still on AE1. Was not excited about all the stuff involved in updating like drivers for the graphics card etc.
ANd happy with AE1 for my needs.

Thanks for the info.
Ed

Back