TriCaster Mini HD4 inputs glitch a lot

bogosort

Hi! I hope this is the right place to ask this.
Anyways, I'm in a high school class that uses the TriCaster Mini HD4 daily for morning shows. I think we've had it for around 5 ish years, and the past few years it's been gradually getting harder to operate. Whenever we start it up and our session loads, there's a good chance that our main camera inputs are glitched out. By "glitched out", I mean that each input flickers between parts of other inputs and random pixels quick enough to give someone a seizure. For a while we were able to stop it by just restarting or shutting it down until it works, but over time that has been less successful. Restarting it until it works isn't really a sustainable solution in the first place.

I'm not very skilled technically, but I've gotten decently familiar with the TriCaster. We've tried a few other things to fix it, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. De-fragmenting (I have no idea why that would fix it), cleaning the cords for the inputs, making a new session, updating (it's up to date), and clearing old files. One thing we've never done is try to clean the inside of the TriCaster itself, but given how the fans are always very loud, I think that could be a part of the issue.

I've tried searching for anyone else with a similar issue, and tried looking through the online manual, but I haven't found anything that could help. I have a feeling that the answer is pretty simple (maybe our cameras are just too old, maybe the TriCaster is dusty), but I can't really do anything risky without at least knowing that there's a fair chance it helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, it means a lot! Sorry for not knowing that much.

Back