TriCaster feature requests

cityofsalisbury

I sent these to support a while back, and I though I'd post them here for everyone. Feel free to add you requests to this thread.

Push to Windows Media Server
=======================
Before we purchased the Tricaster, we webcast our city council meetings through our Windows Media Server (via windows media encoder on a pc set to push the feed). I would like to have an option under the stream feature to push to a WMS. This would allow for an automated feed to be broadcast. Currently, I have to remote desktop into our WMS and manually start a publishing point that listens for the feed broadcast from the Tricaster. There is no way to automate the process. If I were able to push to the WMS, as I can do with the windows media encoder app from Microsoft, I would not have to log into the WMS to start the publishing point.

Visible Mouse in iVGA
===============
At almost every meeting, PowerPoint presentations are made. Most of these contain pictures of maps / overhead views, etc., that the presenter would point out during the presentation with a laser pointer. I would then point the camera at the screen to capture the presentation / laser pointer. Once we installed the Tricaster, I had staff use the computers mouse pointer to point out areas on the screen, so it would show up on the broadcast. iVGA wont show the mouse movements, so I had to use the PowerPoint PC video cards s-video out and run it into the camera 3 input on the front of the unit. This is a stopgap solution, as we will soon be installing a 3rd remote control camera in the council chamber, and I will have to use the cam 3 input for that feed. It would be nice if the iVGA app would display the mouse movements.

Dual Monitor Support
===============
It would be nice to split the Tricaster app window between 2 monitors, so the preview / input windows could be larger. I have a 19" LCD monitor connected to the Tricaster, and its hard to read the overlay preview window.

Since you've mentioned it...

Here's a few other suggestions, I realize some of them are not possible given the hardware limitations or price point but I figured why not.
  • More inputs - although another composite video input is probably not possible, what about a direct DV input?
  • Direct DV out
  • Improved IVGA, with the option to "release/renew/repair" ip addresses directly from Tricaster without having to go to admin mode
  • More user-friendly template creation interface --- if you could have something like the Editor's CG that you could simply save as a template that would be much simpler
  • Pause button and time code counter when recording main output -- I don't trust that any device is actually recording something until I see numbers moving, and that would be nice to see on the switcher control panel.
  • Ability to rename sources -- someone already suggested putting someone's name next to their camera
  • XLR audio inputs, BNC video, additional video outs (I know I can get a DA but this is a wish list)
  • MIDI interface for tactile audio mixer control
  • Tally light signals
  • resizeable camera views (like VT-Visions), perhaps switcher skins
Just off the top of my head. I haven't had the occasion to use our Tricaster a lot lately but when I start using it more often I can come up with a few more. There's some food for thought :hey:

VT Owner said:
You are in luck, that's already available!

It's called VT4 :D

Sorry, I couldn't help it....

Got one, but can't fit the VT4 in a backpack without a severe risk of injury! When you're spoiled with those features it makes you come to expect the same functionality with the Tricaster.

Back