Strange issue working with Discovery Server

trebede

Hi Folks,

I have an extrange issue working with Discovery server.

I have an installation with more than 70 devices and around 140 NDI signals (1 TC2, 7 410+, 4 NC2, encoders, decoders...).

I have configure in all of them redundant Discovery Servers (172.16.50.11, 172.50.16.12) All works fine unless two PC´s (PC-APOYO-AV-1, PC-APOYO-AV-2), NDI tools installed. In access manager I have configured to use Discovery Server with preferred NIC on NDI interfaz (172.16.90.101) but, as you can see in NDI Analysis tool it is being registered by the other interface (Gestion 172.16.50.101) I have double checked conection with Discovery Server and there is no problem. Also I have checked with 5.5.4, 5.6.0 and 5.6.1 NDI releases. Both interfaces are configured as private netwoks.

Captura.JPG
Screenshot done in PC-APOYo-AV-1. Firewall is inactive and there is no antiviris installed.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
More information if it helps. Sources from PC´s are signed as expected in Discovery Server but, as I said in the wrong IP address

Captura3.JPG

The Discovery Servers are on the .50 network? But all the NDI devices are on the .91 network? Are the other devices connected to both networks or are these two the only on both? Why is Discovery Server not running on the same network subnet that all of the other NDI devices are on?

Hi Kane,

Yes, Discovery Servers are on .50 network.
We have 1 TC2, 7 410+ and 4 NC2 I/O in both networks. So far in all these devices we have had no problems with the registration of their signals in Discovery Server.
The network addresses are set by our customer's IT manager. Until the registration of these two devices, we had no registration problems with the described devices.

Back