Spark Freezing

alexandrelin

Hi,

I used 3 sparks last week on a Football game, and during the game the inputs from the sparks kept freezing so I had to keep inserting them back in.

I used 2 switches. One to grab the sparks on the cameras that were on the field from there I sent a cat5 cable (40m) to connect to another switch where I had another spark and two PCs and the Internet router.

Is there any restriction in using 2 switches or more to grab different NDI sources?

I used my network not a shared one.

I'm not any kind of network guru, but I will just mention that if the connection to a source is not available, the last frame from that source is displayed. So it's not likely the case that Spark is actually 'freezing', although it may appear that way. Likely instead the connections have been lost, requiring reconnection. I only bring this up so that diagnostic efforts can be narrowed down a bit.

I doubt the problem is that simple; on any given day we probably have something like a dozen or more switches and anywhere from 30 to a 100 NDI sources on our network. But there are a lot of variables, and I think someone like Kane or Zane with extensive field experience with networks might be able to help you in this respect.

Back