Skype for Business Calls

xylonmedia

First off, We really love our VS4000, it has been a wonderful addition to our production workflow. We are a corporate house that produces internal communications and live shows for the entire organization and It has revolutionized our offerings.

One major issue we would like to see addressed is a way to interact with Skype for Business accounts. My Organization employs over 300,000 people all of which are Skype for business video enabled. However, Skype TX, and the VS series doesn't accept or make calls to Skype for Business accounts. We work around this by shipping preloaded iOS devices to the people we are about to interview... Integration would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I'll pass this along, but to be clear I should mention that, strictly speaking, this is a feature request for the SkypeTX developers. We would not be able to do this on our own unless they support it.

Skype TX which Talkshow is based on does not support Skype for Business. The Skype desktop client will work with Skype for business but you cannot configure Skype TX for this purpose.

I'm hopeful this will happen eventually, but I wouldn't care to speculate as to when. (One of our competitors was confidently telling their customers months ago that it was expected in 2 weeks. I was a skeptical - appears I was correct.)

Hello,
Any news on this? This is a feature we have been waiting on for months ever since Microsoft required you to get a Microsoft account instead of just a skype account. We would love to be able to use our corporate email accounts that we set up specifically for this purpose to be able to work. I had my net admin contact microsoft to see if they could do anything on their end and we have heard nothing in return.

I really don't have any news, sorry. This is entirely a Skype TX development issue, and there is little we can do to hasten it. I daresay it's quite a complex matter, but we will be equally pleased to have it done, I assure you.

Back