Simply Black

joseburgos

LiveSet Making Machine
Unzip into your C:\Program Files\NewTek\VT5\User Data\Default User\VSFX
folder.
http://www.burgos-family.com/files/photoblk.zip

To use;
Add a photo to SpeeEdit and then open Input Setup.
UnCheck LiveMatte and select PhotoBlk scene and no shot (only one as this is a freebee).
Now in control panel, size and position photo to give a nice reflection.
Once it's sized and positioned, create some key frames to have the photo slide in, stop and then slide off (use ease in and ease out).
When your happy with it, open Capture and use Program out as the source.
Rewind the time line and press record in Capture and stop when it is done.
Bring your new photo reflection in simply black into your project :)

Save your key framed clip as a Preset and add a few photos and use the preset on each of them to create a simply black photo montage.

A system with dual xeons, scsi array and 2 gig of ram is a min for this as it will tax your system (playing a time line, running liveset and capturing all at the same time).
If you find that capture taxes your system too much, then record the program out to a deck and capture it back in.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but it is much faster than setting this up with multible layers in the time line.

Anyway, enjoy,

Cool Jose, thanks for kicking off the forum :thumbsup:

BTW, you can upload the zip files into this forum if you like, by attaching the zip file to the post. It can accept up to 19MB files.

No problem :)
Hope to add a few more single angle sets in hope to stir interest.

As for zip upload, I tried it and it gave me an error on upload.
Did not try to figure out the problem as I need to cross post the link and this is the better way to do that.

Take care,

How about that, something is wrong. I'll look into it.

I've got a set that I need to add, so once that is up you'll know it's ready to go.

Back