Separate images into areas with the same Input

lance.a.simon

Exec Producer TV Webinars
Good morning!

Riddle me this, please, so I can get back to sleeping at night! How does one place different images into the displays when they are both/all assigned to the same Input and all 4 inputs are in use in the set? I guess one could hard-code one or more image(s) into display regions... but I was hoping to be able to change them at showtime in the tricaster.

Suggestions are much appreciated!! :D

View attachment 136411

Attachments

• IMG_20170330_093401033.jpg
    IMG_20170330_093401033.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 362
Hi Lance,

With 460 AE, you will have 4 Keyers in an M/E. You also have A/B layers, with A being the Talent usually. So you have 4 Keyers, and each of those allows you to Position/Scale/Rotate the source, and having AE, those sources can be pinned to the set so when you zoom in and move around, they act as though they are part of the set. Meaning you could have 4 different sources in the monitors that way using M/E Keyers.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor

This would be tricky, but not impossible to properly do with live sources. You would need AE, which gives you two important factors - 4 layer LiveSets, and re-entrant M/Es.

With those capabilities, you can use one M/E to prepare a 'montage' video source that is used to feed the various 'monitors' in the LiveSet in the second M/E. The "Metropolis A" LiveSet group includes a LiveSet named "Quad Split" that is designed to serve this exact purpose, and which may help you get the idea.

If you made this set, you need to take as an example, input B and split up the UV gradient into six parts.
Move these six pieces into the monitor screens. Now use an ME like 4, to create the six box single framed feed and in say ME1 which has your virtual set, use ME4 as input B. Now to change what's in the monitors, you just change ME4 and I would macro this to make the monitor change easy. The more free ME's you have the fancier you can get like transitioning from ME3 to ME4 in ME2 which is set to mix with white flash as an example and then the b layer in ME1 is ME2.
This would allow a news story advance through the monitors but if that was me, I would change two larger monitor to a single larger and it would have story talent is talking about and smaller three monitors would have the on deck stories.

Look at the nightly show set and the image that they made for all of the monitors on set.
You could also do a mix of images and looping video and run it as an animation.

Back