Scripting Viz Commands to specified Engines.

JustinLaurie

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone new if I can target a viz command to a specific engine in trio scripting. At the moment I use the trio to send the following type of command:

triocmd("send_vizcmd SCENE*host_graphics/9999*FUNCTION*DataPool*Data SET gridP1={Position=1;};")

Using this means that all the engines connected in my Trio output configuration receive the same datapool command.

If I wanted to issue the same type of command but with a different set of parrameters to a sperate engine connected to the same trio, is this possible? Is there a way of targeting the command using the IP address or something?

E.g machine 1 receives: SCENE*host_graphics/9999*FUNCTION*DataPool*Data SET gridP1={Position=1;};

and machine 2 receives SCENE*host_graphics/9999*FUNCTION*DataPool*Data SET gridP1={Position=2;};

Hope I explained this right.

Cheers,

Justin

there is another function that you can use wich will send the command to a specific channel. this channel needs to be defined on your profile configuration first.

TrioCmd("trio:send_vizcmd_to_channel channelName command")
the ChannelName is the one that was defined in your profile conguration.

Regards,
Leslie

there is another function that you can use wich will send the command to a specific channel. this channel needs to be defined on your profile configuration first.

TrioCmd("trio:send_vizcmd_to_channel channelName command")
the ChannelName is the one that was defined in your profile conguration.

Regards,
Leslie

Thank you for your reply Leslie, but I'm probably being stupid.

When you say Profile name in the configuration, is that where I setup my connections to the various Viz machines I'm using to output gfx to?

I currently have it setup that both the Engines I'm talking to are under one profile name....at least I think I do.

Hi Justin,
Yes when i say profile i mean where you setup your connections to the various Viz machines I'm using to output gfx to. Inside this conguration you will se that each conection has a name. so the channel will be name you gave the machine here.
note that you will have to make sure the name you have in your testing environment is the same than the one in the trio machines in your control room..
let me know if it helps or you need more details,

Leslie

Hi Justin,
Yes when i say profile i mean where you setup your connections to the various Viz machines I'm using to output gfx to. Inside this conguration you will se that each conection has a name. so the channel will be name you gave the machine here.
note that you will have to make sure the name you have in your testing environment is the same than the one in the trio machines in your control room..
let me know if it helps or you need more details,

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Could you eloborate a little for me as I'm not sure I'm getting this right. I have a profile setup where I am outputing graphics to two renderers simultaneously (both setup under a profile name which controls both renderers as "program" feed). I have created a duel connection under the avaiable viz hosts list and dragged that into the profile I have setup. Not sure sure if that makes sense.

Can I independently send a viz command to two machines controlled under the same profile name, so under the main list I have, there is only one selection option for program but this has two renderers being controlled with a mirrored output.

Cheers

Justin

How about setting up a channel for each of the Engines, as well as the combined ones? So you would have something like:

MAIN - both Engine1 and Engine2 (as you do now)
ENGINE1 - just Engine1
ENGINE2 - just Engine2

Then you can communicate to both, or individually based on the channel names.

Note - I think in older versions of Trio, to use a Viz Engine twice you had to use it once as the hostname, and the second time as the IP address.

How about setting up a channel for each of the Engines, as well as the combined ones? So you would have something like:

MAIN - both Engine1 and Engine2 (as you do now)
ENGINE1 - just Engine1
ENGINE2 - just Engine2

Then you can communicate to both, or individually based on the channel names.

Note - I think in older versions of Trio, to use a Viz Engine twice you had to use it once as the hostname, and the second time as the IP address.

Hi,

I think I'm not sure exactly where you are setting up your channels. Could you explain a little more about that. If I'm correct then I have already done this. As I have several profiles. Some talking to single machines and then some talking to the same machines within a mutiple engine profile.

Cheers

Does this (crude) diagram help?

So the process is - define your Viz Hosts (either 1 Engine per host, or multiple Engines per host). Then drag your Viz Hosts into the profile. By default, the channels are named the same as the Viz Host name. You can rename the channels to something sensible.

You then use the channel name in your script.

Attachments

• channels2.PNG
    channels2.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Does this (crude) diagram help?

So the process is - define your Viz Hosts (either 1 Engine per host, or multiple Engines per host). Then drag your Viz Hosts into the profile. By default, the channels are named the same as the Viz Host name. You can rename the channels to something sensible.

You then use the channel name in your script.

Cheers, Tim and Leslie. Looks Like I have got it to work. Thanks a lot for all your help :)

Is there a command like this: TrioCmd("trio:send_vizcmd_to_channel channelName command") in Director. I am trying to send a macro to a specific channel without having to use execution logic.

Back