Save a Fragment Shader in Graphic Hub not working

ruimac

I just created a Fusion Fragment Shader and I would like to save it in Graphic Hub for future uses.
The documentation states that:

Tip: Fusion Shaders can be saved into Graphic Hub. Drag and drop them from the
Workspace window into the Graphic Hub Server view.

But I when I try to drag the Shader from the Workspace window into the Asset View window, the cursor changes into a 🚫 sign.
How can I save Fusion Fragment Shaders so that I can re-use them?

Viz Engine is version 4.3
Viz Graphic Hub is an application? I can only see the Graphic Hub structure inside Viz Artist.

Yes sure, graphic hub is where you store all your assets. If you don’t have the latest version then it might not work as expected. Also 4.3 is pretty old.

I work on a TV station, so I have to work with that they have. :(
I will have to wait until they decide to upgrade all the machines with Viz to a newer version. In the meanwhile, I have to work with this one.
So, if I don't have the Viz Graphic Hub application on my machine, there is no way for me to store the Fusion shaders I code in the Graphic Hub?

In your Viz Artist configuration check whats the hostname of your Viz Graphic Hub by going to :

1707747479183.png

Once you know your viz graphic hub database hostname you can check the version like this :

go to -> http://localhost:19390/index.html

Where localhost is the hostname.
Then go to about -> versions

and let me know what version do you use.

Here's why you're seeing the "no" sign when dragging the shader:

• Graphic Hub: This is a Fusion feature for managing and sharing assets across projects. It typically stores things like compositions, titles, generators, and effects.
  • Fragment Shaders: These are pieces of code specific to the Fusion render engine and define how pixels are colored.
There are a few workarounds to achieve reusability for your fragment shader:

1. Save the Fusion Composition: Instead of saving the shader itself, save the entire Fusion composition that uses the fragment shader. This will include the shader code within the composition. When you open the saved composition later, the fragment shader will be available for use.
  2. Copy and Paste the Code: Open the fragment shader editor and simply copy the code. You can then paste it into a new fragment shader within another composition when needed.
  3. External Text File: Save the fragment shader code as a plain text file (e.g., .fx) outside of Fusion. You can then reference this file within other Fusion compositions using the "Load FX" function in the Inspector window of the effect you're applying the shader to.

Here's why you're seeing the "no" sign when dragging the shader:

• Graphic Hub: This is a Fusion feature for managing and sharing assets across projects. It typically stores things like compositions, titles, generators, and effects.
  • Fragment Shaders: These are pieces of code specific to the Fusion render engine and define how pixels are colored.
There are a few workarounds to achieve reusability for your fragment shader:

1. Save the Fusion Composition: Instead of saving the shader itself, save the entire Fusion composition that uses the fragment shader. This will include the shader code within the composition. When you open the saved composition later, the fragment shader will be available for use.
  2. Copy and Paste the Code: Open the fragment shader editor and simply copy the code. You can then paste it into a new fragment shader within another composition when needed.
  3. External Text File: Save the fragment shader code as a plain text file (e.g., .fx) outside of Fusion. You can then reference this file within other Fusion compositions using the "Load FX" function in the Inspector window of the effect you're applying the shader to.

That is what I have been doing.
But I would love to be able to sabe it to the Graphic Hub, so that all my colleages could also have direct access to the shaders.
I guess I will have to go on doing that I have been doing (saving the Fusion Composition).

Back