Resolution

Darrell

Hey people, does anyone here have any experience rendering for print graphics? If so, how do I render at 300 dpi? or do you guys just open the file in photoshop to increase the resolution?

This topic has been covered many times. So here we go again. If you want, for example, an 8"X10" print at 300dpi, do the math. 8" X 300 = 2400. 10" X 300 = 3000. Therefore, you would want to render your image in Lightwave at 2400 X 3000. After loading the image in Photoshop, or whatever program you use to print, setting the dpi to 300 will automatically format the image at 8"X10".

You are falling under the common misconception that dpi measures the resolution of an image. That's not correct. It is a setting of how compact you want the pixels. I know that may seem like resolution but image resolution is really the number of pixels you have to work with.

why thanks...& no did not confussed image size with dpi lol...this is my 1st time rendering graphics for print, & wasn't sure what to do...but none the less you've been a great help...why didn't i think about this lol

robewil said:
Sorry if I sounded condescending.

oh no don't apologize...its good that you brought that up...you never know someone else who's reading this post may have that missconception. Being that this section of the forum was empty i thought the topic may haev been deleted or posted in the wrong section, so i figured to post my question than to do a fiend search lol....call lazy i guess hehe :D

I'll come to this forum as a last resort to end my fustration after looking all known possibilities I thought of...sometimes i'll find topics on that address my problems & sometimes i don't ya know...i love this forum...got a lot of people with knowledge up here

If you come to an empty forum in the future, check your view options. Usually you are only seeing the posts within the last month. You can change it to "Beginning" which will show all posts.

Also, you don't have to do any math. You can type the mathematical argument in the camera panel. So, if the width is eight inches at 300 dpi, you can type 8*300 in the panel and it will do the math for you.

-e

Back