Re: forum adjustments

SBowie

'the write stuff'
The impending forum merge will doubtless raise some technical questions. It's complicated to merge two busy and long-serving forums, so I'll try to handle your questions and concerns here.
  • Essentially, the content and constituency of both main forums will be backed up, and a new 'composite' forum will host the somewhat re-organized result from merging these backups.
  • The sheer volume of these forums means the backups are huge, and take quite a bit of time to create and merge.
  • While this forum will remain accessible for chat during most of this process,, please note that posts written during the export>merger period will likely be lost after the merger. This is unavoidable.

It's not going to be an overnight thing, but the 'reconstituted' community will land on the main Vizrt site. I'm not sure if it will wind up in exactly the same spot their current forum is or not, but it shouldn't be hard to get to.

It occurs to me that, due to the way it works, new forum memberships during this period may well vanish, too. :(

I like what you’ve done with the header information Steve!!!! 👏That would work well for information such as updates and notifications event launches competition news etc"….
cheers
Joe

Other hands have been involved, so I regret that I'm not in a position to respond to questions about the implementation.

:mad:

Surely vizrt could have had the decency to inform better, rather than mislead, not very nice.
Sure..they have no obligation, but not very nice and trustworthy.

I think you should look at the text. It gets a bit hard to read as it does not stand out with the white background.

Back