Product shot for advertising spot using LightWave 3D

Great work there Trey. The client must have been extremely happy with the results. I know I would be.

Which version of LW did you use btw?

challenge #1: load it to LW 2020, same camera (so objects are exactly the same place), just BSDF materials and new features..
challenge #2: use K-Ray instead of LW renderer.

challenge #1: load it to LW 2020, same camera (so objects are exactly the same place), just BSDF materials and new features..
challenge #2: use K-Ray instead of LW renderer.
i don't use 2020. no interest in buying it, either. i'm happy with what 2015.3 does.

i don't use 2020. no interest in buying it, either. i'm happy with what 2015.3 does.
Good for you, excellent work there with lw 2015, but I am convinced you could get it look better in later LW versions, then again..I am not the one that would advice you to upgrade, not now in the Coma development state.

And I can´t advice you to throw it in to blender either, I reckon you hate it?
You are content and happy..that´s what matters.

The textures inside of the jars are looking great.

Good for you, excellent work there with lw 2015, but I am convinced you could get it look better in later LW versions, then again..I am not the one that would advice you to upgrade, not now in the Coma development state.

And I can´t advice you to throw it in to blender either, I reckon you hate it?
You are content and happy..that´s what matters.

The textures inside of the jars are looking great.
i tried 2020 when it first came out and had so many crashes because of bugs that it turned me off from upgrading and i uninstalled it after the trial period. now, with vizrt abandoning LW, and most of the plugins i need for fluids and extending LW's capabilities no longer available, will not invest any coin into upgrading. ive got a killer setup with 2015.3, and im happy with the results. if i need to take my work to the next level, i've got maya and keep that app up to date. i actually think its cool to keep my retro LW setup. its fun and still produces kick a$$ results.

Last edited:
Back