Product ID changed..?!

takabanana

I started up my VT[3] just now, and somehow my Product ID had changed and it asked me for a new key (and now I have 45 days left). I didn't change anything in my configuration/system. I was just using my VT[3] last night without any problems. Any ideas?

-taka

If you haven't yet, shut down the system, pull the plug(s) and let it "clear it's memories" for a few minutes Taka. I had this problem a few times with VT[2] & [3] and that always solved it.

Same here. Has happened a bunch.(Not with 4 tho)
Just reboot a couple times.
Might even have to ignore it for several restarts, but it has always gone away for me.

Weird, that happened to me the other day, VT4.5. The list of unexplainable things keeps growing with this product... eh?

td

That happened to me once while on the phone with customer support for another issue, they had to issue me a new product ID and key code, every now and again, the old product ID will pop up, its pretty annoying, especially when I dont have time to keep rebooting till it works right, but program will still run untill you do reboot. Kind of a funny problem, our IT guy laughed about it.

Luke

I've seen a few units do this a couple of times over the years - that is, it has happened more than once to each of a very small number of units. A cold boot generally restores normalcy, but it is disconcerting when it happens. Seems to be something that only happens with certain boards, but my 'sampling' is not large enough to be definitive.

MY vt 4 card changed its Product ID today???

I have tried rebooting several times (10) in total but the Product ID is still not the same as it use to be??? and i can not register it now??

how can i change the Product ID back??

If you haven't yet, shut down the system, pull the plug(s) and let it "clear it's memories" for a few minutes Taka. I had this problem a few times with VT[2] & [3] and that always solved it.

I would add to that holding down the power button for 30 seconds while the machine is unplugged, to perform an ATX reset.

Back