Processing audio received from NDI in .pcmFormatInt16 format and converting it to CMSampleBuffer.

Habiboff

Hello, I am able to capture audio and video using NDI Advanced. However, the audio I receive is in PCM format, specifically .pcmFormatFloat32 format at 48kHz. I was able to convert it to an AVAudioPCMBuffer, but I need help to do a more efficient conversion. I am sharing the code I use for the .pcmFormatFloat32 format below. With this code, I can play the audio using a regular AVAudioPCMBuffer. However, when I convert it to a CMSampleBuffer, the packet size seems to be too large, causing the audio to play either too slow or too fast when adding it to AVAssetWriterInput. I wasn't able to adjust the timing during the conversion process, or I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Swift:
    private func bytesToAudioBuffer(_ buf: [UInt8], fmt: AVAudioFormat?) -> AVAudioPCMBuffer {
        let frameLength = UInt32(buf.count) / fmt!.streamDescription.pointee.mBytesPerFrame
        let audioBuffer = AVAudioPCMBuffer(pcmFormat: fmt!, frameCapacity: frameLength)
        audioBuffer!.frameLength = frameLength

let dstLeft = audioBuffer!.floatChannelData![0]
        let dstRight = audioBuffer!.floatChannelData![1]

buf.withUnsafeBufferPointer {
            let src = UnsafeRawPointer($0.baseAddress!).bindMemory(to: Float.self, capacity: Int(frameLength))
            dstLeft.initialize(from: src, count: Int(frameLength))
            dstRight.initialize(from: src, count: Int(frameLength))
        }

return audioBuffer!
    }

Back