Panansonic AW-HN40/38, Dropping NDI frames, 180 in a row!

troyhanford

I have 6 cameras. They have worked well over the years, all NDI POE solution. Sometime late last year they started to drop around 180 frames in a row, a few times an hour. They will hang tight and solid, zero drops... then, out of nowhere, 160-190 drops in a row, visible in Studio Monitor, and counted in vMix statistics.... Have tried lots of switches, replaced all cables, re-set all cameras, re-installed win10, and vmix... desktop, laptop, tried plugged in, on POE+, on POE++... spent too much time on the phone with Shawn from Panasonic support.... they say they cannot replicate it... I cannot roll back the firmware, or so I was told... So, I have these cameras that work great 99% of the time, which is just 1% less than I need...

Here are lots of tests of the cameras, which I captured/recorded... So, you can see the issue for yourself, if you are interested.. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ewOj0gQQJCUwHkXuMXbM9P9asra186zz?usp=sharing

[private network/switch, no dhcp, static IP addresses, no other traffic whatsoever]

I did buy new Canon CR-N300s and I they are rock solid, same exact set up otherwise... Can anyone help me figure out how to get my Panasonics back into production... Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Last edited:
Back