OZM / LightWave to Unity / first person / 0.1 beta /collision testing /

LightWaveGuru

you can see here the first test of a first person level exported from LightWave via fbx in Unity. this is beta 0.1. so there is still a lot missing.

snip LWGURU

Make a circular inlet to the sewer canal that can be opened by the player, and the player enters the sewer canal...
..then to subway? then to subway station?

You have to explode explosives in the canal (which you have to find first), and the water will fill the dry canal (remember the scene from Terminator? There was no water/or almost no water) on the surface.... put a boat there (without water you can't swim).... after the water comes up, the player has to quickly run to the surface and get on the boat, and sail to a place that is otherwise inaccessible... island?

Last edited:
Make a circular inlet to the sewer canal that can be opened by the player, and the player enters the sewer canal...
..then to subway? then to subway station?

You have to explode explosives in the canal (which you have to find first), and the water will fill the dry canal (remember the scene from Terminator? There was no water/or almost no water) on the surface.... put a boat there (without water you can't swim).... after the water comes up, the player has to quickly run to the surface and get on the boat, and sail to a place that is otherwise inaccessible... island?

hi sensei,

the building (OZM-Gallery) is almost completely modeled inside and outside. so it is theoretically possible to look at the building from the inside and to interact there. but the level is not supposed to be a game, it is only supposed to allow you to look at the terrain in real time in the final. the level is used for construction planning. in the final, the construction with temporary buildings from offshore containers is supposed to be shown.

Therefore.

until the final data for this are available (for the construction of the parking lot) I prepare the surrounding rest of the site so that you can walk around a bit and look at everything.

later you can make a game out of it.
we will see.

snip LWGURU

Very nice! Will be great to see it with proper lighting, specular, roughness, etc.

hi RPSchmidt,

that's the plan. as soon as all the physics are done and i have the final data for the parking area (placement of the containers) i'll start working on it. at the moment i'm just playing around with it to remember the interface of unity. i haven't worked with it for a long time so i need to refresh my skills a bit. the real time editors like unreal, unity or others are similar but it's always better to know the GUI well to find everything fast.

snip LWGURU

Back