Old Equipment

Simpson805

A former employer of mine is asking about the Newtek Spark (HDMI) as he would like to use it as a centerfield cam for broadcasting baseball and softball. All fine and well. Here's the catch. They are using a Tricaster 40. Component video connections on this machine. Will this Spark product work with a Tricaster 40?

Just by looking at it, I know he would have to using some kind of converter between the HDMI and component based outputs.

He wants it to work, but I couldn't give him a definite answer on this as I don't really know how this would work/if work at all.

Any thoughts?

The Spark outputs NDI and the TriCaster 40 doesn't have NDI input, they will not work together. You would need to upgrade to a TriCaster Mini or higher system to get NDI support on your TriCaster system.

If you have no plan to upgrade, you can use video Baluns and make up to a 1000ft run with a single Ethernet connection. I have used this setup in the past and had a lot of success.

Make sure you if you purchase this you grab both a send and receive unit.

Here is a link of a well known brand but there are several different types brands that make them.

500 FT
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/891147-REG/muxlab_500050_2pk_component_video_digital.html

1000FT
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...500090_500090_VideoEase_Active_Component.html

Also note that you should use the highest quality Cat5/6 cable possible for best results.

Upgrading to a machine that takes NDI will make a lot of this easier in the long run.

Last edited:
The Spark outputs NDI and the TriCaster 40 doesn't have NDI input, they will not work together. You would need to upgrade to a TriCaster Mini or higher system to get NDI support on your TriCaster system.

What's the possibility of an NDI to IVGA converter ?? Does NDI connect 'convert' to IVGA?

Ad hoc.... 'dirty solution'
Use NDI to bring in the feed,
use NDI monitor running on a local pc to show that feed,
use IVGA to capture that pc screen.

A.

Back