OD How To Script Series.

Thank you both !!! I am finally past 'Hello World' ! If I may ask a question / Is there a way to reveal how a feature has been coded ? I am interested in expanding the parametric objects feature in layout - currently for parametric stuff I go into linux land and export out - would be awesome to be able to do within Lightwave itself. Again, many thanks for the great tutorials and samples !

You would write your own.. thats the fastest way.. you'd do that in modeler (to start, as its easier). It might be a bit advanced to start with modeler stuff though. Its not difficult, but it requires a bit more knowledge than what I have shown above.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to post this yesterday:

https://vimeo.com/album/5122797/video/265664126

Thank you .. I appreciate the direction - I am finding that when it comes to programming - as a beginner - its often difficult to even find the correct words to phrase a question ... which likely means time to read more ;)

We had a great LightWiki hangout last night.. I went into some more detail and more explanations.. and I "believe" i got one of the users to write their first script :)... so.. I call it a success.

This is a fantastic effort by you Oliver. Scripting opens up what one can do and "fix" in a program.

I would encourage people to not just think this is a LW specific thing. Learning the scripting language in any of the programs you use will open up what's possible to you and improve your workflow.

one day, i will learn scripting

python_environment.png

Thanks Oliver, one day I will figure it out myself. I have a script i need to write.. maybe this weekend...

Back