No video on MediaDS Interface

BurgIT

We routinely have to reboot our MediaDS because it runs non-stop on days on end. That's something we've gotten used to so it is no big deal. We ran into a problem the last time we rebooted. Video is no longer showing in the MediaDS interface. When you check out the stream the video is there but there is nothing on the MediaDS itself.

Any thoughts?

Are you running the latest MediaDS software version? Windows Update can load a new Intel GPU driver which can cause problems, this is fixed in the latest software update.

http://new.tk/dl

I am having the same issue. Windows ran an update, which broke the Media DS. I ran the MediaDS update and it didn't fix the issues. No display in the multiview and wowza streaming engine "refused by server" error.

UPDATE: The "refused by server" error is no longer happening, but still no input display on the multi-view.

Last edited:
I'm sure we're not running the updated version. Haven't purposely ran an update on it since we got it. It's one of those devices that I just set it and forget... it just works. Except when we have to reboot it.

Anyway, checked on it this morning and the video feeds have magically re-appeared overnight.

Downloading the update for future use.

Thanks

If you are running the current version of MediaDS and still having issues, please contact NewTek support.

If you are running the current version of MediaDS and still having issues, please contact NewTek support.

Kane, help me out. Still have no display in multi-view. Called protek. There's no option to talk to anyone on the MediaDS menu, and the .tk suffix is blocked here (really wish newtek would change that).
Anything suggestions?

So in case it helps anyone, rolling back the video driver fixes this. Unfortunately, it needs to be rolled back every time windows updates, and it still at times exhibits the behavior (black screens) even with the older driver installed. That being said, any idea when a DS software update is being pushed out?

Back